Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gerbing or tourmaster heated gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Terryjft
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought heated HD gloves at a dealer sidewalk sale 8 years ago. About a year old, one glove would not heat. I called Gerbing, they said send both gloves in. They fixed them under warranty and have worked great since.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 AM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Gerbing Gloves and Jacket, life time warranty and the new mircowire products heat up very quickley. I looked at a vest and for the very little smaller space that it uses it did not make sense to me.

Jacket has the connections for gloves built into the sleeves so if you get gloves you don't have to run wires down your sleeves to the gloves. After my last road trip about 2600 miles in some nasty weather I could not imagine just having a vest on so that my arms get cold, IMHO

Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EricD10563
Gerbing Gloves and Jacket, life time warranty and the new mircowire products heat up very quickley. I looked at a vest and for the very little smaller space that it uses it did not make sense to me.

Jacket has the connections for gloves built into the sleeves so if you get gloves you don't have to run wires down your sleeves to the gloves. After my last road trip about 2600 miles in some nasty weather I could not imagine just having a vest on so that my arms get cold, IMHO
Yeah, but you live in HI, so how does your vote count I still can't wait to come back and visit, and get me one of those killer burritos by Hanalei Bay

Old 11-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Live2ride247
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EricD10563

+1!! If you get the vest only, you have to run a "Y" harness down your arms to connect your gloves. I ride year-round in the Pacific Northwest, and I always stuff my jacket in the saddlebag, if i'm not wearing it. Then, If it does get chilly, I plug my gloves into my jacket and I am off. No mess, no fuss.

Gerbing's warranty is unbeatable. They have replaced a set of gloves, and a controller. No questions asked. Plus they are local, and I like supporting my local economy!

Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will be my 3rd winter with the tourmaster synergy heated gear. I love it.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
93+octane
Banned

Last year finally got around to buying the Gerbing gloves from an HD dealer and love them. Last week I bought the foot liners and dual controller. Did not seem the foot liners were heating so I called Gerbing and they suggested some troubleshooting but if it did not work they would take care of it. Maybe I did not have a connector seated properly as when I changed them around all was okay. My next purchase will be the jacket and pant liners. I just don't like the fact that they are made in China but just about everything HD sells it its clothing line seems to come from overseas.... I WILL NOT buy any more of their boots. Last pair was a waste of $170.00!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
steelhead
Road Master

Looks like nobody can answer your question abour "experience with both". Me either. All mine has been with Gerbings. Nothing but positive comments on them and their customer service. Just sent my wife's heat troller in as she dropped it and it stopped working. Expected to pay because it was her fault. They simply sent her a new one.

Hope you get some responses though that actually answer your original question.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:32 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bmaier
Still riding to and from work and on some 200 mile runs on weekends. The wife wants some heated gear for the weekend riding. Anybody have experience with both, pros and cons. Probably just do the heated vest liner for her, temps in the 40s and 50s during the day I don't mind riding to work early in the am at 25 deg, its only a 15 minute ride.
Spend the few extra bucks and get the Gerbing full jacket liner. YOur wife will thank you. Excellent product and superb customer service.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by run1fsr
Ok, I plan to wear some heated gear under my Cortech jacket. Should I go with a heated vest or jacket liner?
If you can swing the $$ go jacket. I had the vest for 2 days and took it back for the jacket. No question that its more comfortable. I have since bought the HD pants (also made by Gerbing) and let me tell you - it keeps everything as it should be - warm and comfortable.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
slick10
Road Master

My experience has been with Gerbing. I've been riding with their gear for 5 years. Last month the gloves quite heating so I took the gloves and jacket liner in to be tested. They called the next day and said to come back it and pick up my stuff. They replaced the jacket liner with a new microwire one! The OL had a problem with her gloves two years ago. They replaced them as well! Great customer service.

Quick Reply: gerbing or tourmaster heated gear