Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'10 Head Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:58 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default '10 Head Pipe

Though it's not at the top of my list, replacing the cat-equipped head pipe on my '10 FLHR is on my to-do list.
I hear good things about the Vance & Hines Power Duals. Any others I should consider?

Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put on V&H dresser duals. I wanted more of that true dual sound. Don't think you can go wrong with any V&H pipes. I am really impressed with the chrome on mine. The shields hide the pipe much better than my stock headers did

Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would consider the VH power duals like you said and the FuelMoto stainless 2-1-2 head pipe. I have direct experience with the VH and FM head pipe and believe that both are good in their own ways...

What I don't like about the VH power duals: The location of the rear O2 sensor bung. Wow talk about a detractor. Lose a little ground clearance with their Xover pipe. Installing the heat shields is a PITA. That big **** crome x next to m transmission! The clamps provided for that piece were not long enough and had to get some elsewhere. What I do like about them: The crome heat shields are much higher quality then the stock HD using double clamps etc, the crossover pipe and transmission mounts are better then stock IMO. It comes with gaskets etc. and the header with heatshields looks good (matter of opinion, my wife really liked it) on the bike.

What I don't like about the FM headpipe: It uses the stock crossover pipe and I find the gasket there lacking (not their fault), it uses the stock HD heatshields (they do fit fine) and I feel the stock heatshields suck quality wise. What I do like: Stainless Steel and very well built. Welds etc are very well done, stock o2 bung locations, keeps the stock look. Built in USA and backed by FM.

Others to consider, I think is maybe fulsac, but I don't know much about that option, and purchasing a take off from an 09 OR 10/11 (and removing the cat yourself).

So if ya want the big X and an o2 bung showing, go for the VH, if you want a clean stock look that does not reduce any ground clearance, go for the FM head pipe. BTW, FuelMoto sells both and I would not hesitate to do business with them. They have been more then helpful to me.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:57 AM
brockstwrt
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I went with the FM setup. Very noticeable heat reduction and I think it looks good.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

A lot of the TG guys also heat wrap the header pipe...makes a huge difference in heat redutction...on my to do list also...going with Full Sac, SE cleaner & TTS tuner

Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the dresser duals on my bike. I like the cleaner look without the collector on the right side. Take a look at my video.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:16 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Power duals, Monster rounds, A/c & PVC, call Jamie at Fuel Moto, it will haul ***, look good too.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:35 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

got the true duals on my 2010 RG. looks good, noticable heat reduction and great sound. did not notice any reduction in ground clearance with running pipe under frame. heat shield are vast improvement over prior V&H's pipes. did not go with the x pipe look seemed to be too little for too much, maybe I am just resistant to change.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I have been considering all the header pipes mentioned here....but to be honest in 3 days or riding I have not had any heat issues from the cat (yet)

Old 11-14-2010, 04:26 PM
stewy1200c
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't say that the heat is the issue for me as far as it being uncomfortable. More so that its an air cooled motor and that head pipe gets very hot especially at the cat. I have V&H Twin Slash Rounds for my slip ons and am putting on V&H dresser duals this winter. I heard this set up at Laconia this year @ the V&H booth. Very happy with Vance & Hines quality.

Quick Reply: '10 Head Pipe