Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rant - Rant - Rage - Rage

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Grizzx2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Rant - Rant - Rage - Rage

Me and the wifey headed out for an all day adventure to eat some lunch with my stepson and stepdaughter about 2 hrs away. Got there a little early which provided us with an "Excuse" to stop in at the dealer where I bought my bike. A couple of t-shirts; 1 for me and 1 for the wife of course, a cap and a Service Manual for my ride. Got out of there and met the kids and had lunch and soon they were ready to go their seperate ways. Just started to head out of town and reached in the back seat for the "Manual" and handed it to the wife. As she was opening it she let me know real quick that she was not reading it to me. Got the wrapper off of it and looked at it and to my surprise it looked as though some He-Man was pretending it was a phone book. Turn around. Went back and talked to Carol, who was as nice as she could be, Told her I hate to be a Finicky Ole Fart but for $60 I was going to be a Finicky Ole Fart. Paid for a new book and I wanted a new book. It was the only 1 they had. No big deal they could ship one to me when it came in. Naturally I would have to pay shipping. Now comes the Rant-Rant-Rage-Rage. When she said $15, I thought "DAMN" then told her that UPS could do it cheaper than that. That's when she told me UPS was doing it and all she could do is what the computer said with her big brown eyes staring at me. Oh Well... $60 in the manual and now $15 to get it to my house.
$75 Service Manual = Priceless

It will come in handy.......

I was told a long time ago what the HD stood for:

Hundred Dollar

Welcome To The World Of Harley Davidson

Old 11-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Took me forever to finish your post,eyes kept going to your avatar.Oh,by the way,I'd be pissed too.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:17 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

What..you think you're the only one!!!!! Hope you had a good lunch.....:-)

Old 11-13-2010, 04:18 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike T
Took me forever to finish your post,eyes kept going to your avatar.Oh,by the way,I'd be pissed too.
I'm laughing my *** off because I had the same problem. I wonder how much oil she uses to get those on.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:21 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike T
What post?

Old 11-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Grizzx2
Tourer

Originally Posted by riteway
What..you think you're the only one!!!!! Hope you had a good lunch.....:-)
Oh No... I know I'm not the Only One, but just One Of Many. Just wanted to bring back some memories for some of us.

Texas Roadhouse = The Best Steak

Old 11-13-2010, 04:34 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 516 Likes on 359 Posts

+1 on the avatar !! OOOOOOOOOOOOoil that is . . .
Did someone say . . . Wesson Party ??!!!!

Anyhow, at that point, I'd have asked for a manager.
If no better result, I would have asked for my money
back. It is the dealers fault in that, most of the retail
and even parts people make barely over min/wage.
Most of them need some cust/svc & people skills. It
is hard to ask for (expect)qualified (parts) assistance
when the jumoke at Starbucks is making more money.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:39 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizzx2
Me and the wifey headed out for an all day adventure to eat some lunch with my stepson and stepdaughter about 2 hrs away. Got there a little early which provided us with an "Excuse" to stop in at the dealer where I bought my bike. A couple of t-shirts; 1 for me and 1 for the wife of course, a cap and a Service Manual for my ride. Got out of there and met the kids and had lunch and soon they were ready to go their seperate ways. Just started to head out of town and reached in the back seat for the "Manual" and handed it to the wife. As she was opening it she let me know real quick that she was not reading it to me. Got the wrapper off of it and looked at it and to my surprise it looked as though some He-Man was pretending it was a phone book. Turn around. Went back and talked to Carol, who was as nice as she could be, Told her I hate to be a Finicky Ole Fart but for $60 I was going to be a Finicky Ole Fart. Paid for a new book and I wanted a new book. It was the only 1 they had. No big deal they could ship one to me when it came in. Naturally I would have to pay shipping. Now comes the Rant-Rant-Rage-Rage. When she said $15, I thought "DAMN" then told her that UPS could do it cheaper than that. That's when she told me UPS was doing it and all she could do is what the computer said with her big brown eyes staring at me. Oh Well... $60 in the manual and now $15 to get it to my house.
$75 Service Manual = Priceless

It will come in handy.......

I was told a long time ago what the HD stood for:

Hundred Dollar

Welcome To The World Of Harley Davidson

chicagoharley.com $48 + small shipping charge, new, sealed in plastic.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:40 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I would have told her to give me my money back and go home and order it online. If you have to pay more to ship it to your house, might as well buy from a place that gives the 20% discount

Old 11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
RGfan
Advanced

Holy crap, that made my whole day......

Wait, did you say something about a manual??

Quick Reply: Rant - Rant - Rage - Rage