Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Interface - Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:49 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default iPod Interface - Am I missing something?

So - I just installed the integrated iPod Interface kit - and worked my way through the user interface. Are they serious? I have to select artist alphabetically by "scrolling" (actually multiple buttom presses) on the H-K head unit going one artist at a time? I have over 160 artists on my iPod. This sucks!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:56 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,368 Likes on 2,542 Posts

is there a manual that comes with the interface that explains how to work it?

i'd be interested in reading it if there were......

Old 11-12-2010, 10:09 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
is there a manual that comes with the interface that explains how to work it?

i'd be interested in reading it if there were......
User interface is not quite as limited as I thought at first. Turns out I missed the part where you get to select using the right up/down control. Phew! - And yes there is a manual printed in 6 languages (part # 94000010)

Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So are you enjoying the new toy? I ordered the IPOD interface and hope to get it next week. I'm looking forward to it. I hope it words fine. What's your opinion on it now?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine is working perfectly. Since I have front glove boxes, that's where I put mine. Pretty simple install along with the NAV interface.

A few guys have had trouble getting the wiring correct due to bad directions. That should be solved by now I would think.

Here's a link to the updated instructions:

iPod Interface Instruction sheet

Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Still have the front fairing off. I want to put the iPod in the TourPak which pretty much necessitates me buying the overpriced extension cable. To the dealer tomorrow!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 AM
heinkel150
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternate Place for your iPod

Originally Posted by davessworks
Still have the front fairing off. I want to put the iPod in the TourPak which pretty much necessitates me buying the overpriced extension cable. To the dealer tomorrow!
I have a 2010 FLHTK and I bought the iPod interface kit without the saddlebag extension cable. I put my iPod in the right front leg shield compartment. Works a treat and no extension cable.

System is excellent btw. Works precisely as advertised and I have linked my Road Tech Zumo 660 through front AUX port. I get nav commands only if I switch to AUX but that actually works well for me. Pity HD don't give you a simple AUX port on the rear of the radio as I hate that front port being used.

If I could figure out whether the navigation interface would allow the RoadTech BT phone connection to work in the helmet mic and speakers, I'd buy that to totally complete the setup. The CVO's seem to have an integrated BT phone setup but I can't get a handle on how they have it done.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:56 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by heinkel150
I have a 2010 FLHTK and I bought the iPod interface kit without the saddlebag extension cable. I put my iPod in the right front leg shield compartment. Works a treat and no extension cable.

System is excellent btw. Works precisely as advertised and I have linked my Road Tech Zumo 660 through front AUX port. I get nav commands only if I switch to AUX but that actually works well for me. Pity HD don't give you a simple AUX port on the rear of the radio as I hate that front port being used.

If I could figure out whether the navigation interface would allow the RoadTech BT phone connection to work in the helmet mic and speakers, I'd buy that to totally complete the setup. The CVO's seem to have an integrated BT phone setup but I can't get a handle on how they have it done.
If you do what I did, you'll accomplish what you want. Add the NIM and you'll get commands when you listen to the HD stereo. $120. Add a rear AUX and you won't have that wire hanging off the front of the stereo. $85.

Now for the phone . . . I haven't done it yet but I know I can. Link my phone by Bluetooth to the ZUMO.

Steve

Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
If you do what I did, you'll accomplish what you want. Add the NIM and you'll get commands when you listen to the HD stereo. $120. Add a rear AUX and you won't have that wire hanging off the front of the stereo. $85.

Now for the phone . . . I haven't done it yet but I know I can. Link my phone by Bluetooth to the ZUMO.

Steve
Are you tring to link your Iphone to the zumo with bluetooth? I tried to do that with my Ipod touch and wan't able to do it. Let me know if you succeed

Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested in knowing if the Ipod interface allows for use of the Iphone (calls…). If not, what about the NAV Interface?

Quick Reply: iPod Interface - Am I missing something?