Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM
rhj
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Luggage

Anyone used the Kuryakyn GranTour Bag for travel. Want to start doing weekend and then longer trips 2 up and this looks good on their website with video. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb Some others to consider

Originally Posted by rhj
Anyone used the Kuryakyn GranTour Bag for travel. Want to start doing weekend and then longer trips 2 up and this looks good on their website with video. Any other suggestions appreciated.
I have the Nelson-Riggs CTB 900 or similar, looks like they come with roll bags now, mine did not.

I also bought this one too from Saddleman

HTH

Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm actually a big fan of the Harley Sissy Bar bags. They don't have straps to go around the sissy bar/pad but it is actually shaped to the fit the assorted back rests. I've seen the strap ones come undone and loose.
The set I got (Big bag with a day bag) come with a waterproof liner that rolls up in a storage pouch. I've never actually used the liner because even riding all day in hard rain my stuff stayed dry. I had an overnight bag on my Sportster when I got hit by a car and even sliding down the rode it only got scuffed.
For the durability and basically waterproof with out the included liner they Harley ones are the best deal.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had the Kury GranTour bag for 4 years. Works great and still looks like new. I mostly use it for daily commuting(laptop and work clothes) and occasionally on weekends. For long trips I have a T-Bags Route 66 bag. Another great bag.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 AM
dabluesguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the Gran Tour for a few years. It's good for me when I'm alone up to a week's trip. A little tight when the wife comes on the trip.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Chips
Road Warrior

I've got the Gran Tour....works for me. High quality construction...combined with my saddle bags...gives me lots of 'packing' room.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:04 PM
karbar99
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rhj
Wife & I have 1 each for our rides and like them.
If you're ready, check this out "now". See the price after adding to the cart.

http://www.easternperformance.com/pr...n-Grantour-Bag

Old 11-12-2010, 09:38 PM
flip180
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Ultra Tour bag by Kuryakyn. I considered the Grand Tour bag but preferred the Ultra Tour bag instead. Reason being that it's not only larger but it is cheaper. The Grand Tour's main compartment is smaller as compared to the main compartment on the Ultra. Plus the Ultra Tour bag has four expandable outer pocket that are rather large. Each of the outer pockets is large enough to hold either the pants or jacket of my wife's and my rain suits.

Flip

Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by flip180
I have the Ultra Tour bag by Kuryakyn. I considered the Grand Tour bag but preferred the Ultra Tour bag instead. Reason being that it's not only larger but it is cheaper. The Grand Tour's main compartment is smaller as compared to the main compartment on the Ultra. Plus the Ultra Tour bag has four expandable outer pocket that are rather large. Each of the outer pockets is large enough to hold either the pants or jacket of my wife's and my rain suits.

Flip
Agreed! Done me right for the last three 4 day trips. No fading, no leaking!

Old 11-13-2010, 03:16 AM
khyber
Road Captain

Ultra here also; great high quality bag, have used it for 3 years now and still looks brand new.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Luggage