Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draggin Baggers response to a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 12:24 PM
td3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draggin Baggers response to a problem...

Hey members,
I read alot of post here. I am amazed by the number of posts I see regarding suspension. Lowered shocks, many riders state that bottoming out is going to be a facter, ride quality is poor. Stock shocks are told to leak air, always have to be adjusted with a mini pump. If you scroll down you can read many riders referring to the EG air shocks. I am amazed there is no better way to own a touring bike than to ride a leaky, bottoming rear suspension. Well in the time I have been here I have read posts saying my system has no track record, only time will tell, people will not buy it without knowing it works. I ask true riders how are you liking your ride now? Do you wish you had no leaks, no pump, and a little more adjustability? I am not selling you my system, simply showing a few a better ways to enjoy your bagger. I ride mine and others ride my system with 100% no returns, just alot of great comments. So ask yourself if the big company selling over 400,000 bikes every year has the perfect shock? We all bought those and put up with the ride. We don't return them and ask for non-leaking sets, or a compressor to adjust everyday. We have not joined to ask for better performance. I have a simple system and we are a small company, and have gotten beaten up on this forum for not rushing my product, however the customers I have I will keep for a long, long time... ask the big company to stand behind their shocks that leak... or pay 400 dollars for the lowered shocks that bottom out...
Tony
www.dragginbaggers.com

Old 09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,849 Posts
Default RE: Draggin Baggers response to a problem...

Amen! and when I can afford it I will buy a set from you...unless you send me a free set to get the word out in the Northeast as advertising

Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't feel to bad about getting "slammed", sorry about the pun.

I will be looking at getting some soon also. Can you post some pictures of were the compressor goes and the controls?

Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 PM
cwilks
Banned

Tony,

I wouldn't worry about anyone busting on you (one or two guy's don't make a forum) keep doing what your doing everyone else here knows its all good

Old 09-21-2006, 01:05 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

All companies have growing pains, its Ok, I think your offering an affordable product. As people start recieving there systems you will here some great replies, I'm sure. Keep it up.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry, the same thing happened with the ACC helmets. We flooded them with orders and then wondered why they could not keep up. In the end, I think every body was happy.

I would love to get your system, but have two problems.

1. I am out of Harley money at the moment.

2. I have cruise AND my battery box is full of relays and parts for my air horns. Maybe this winter I will relocate some stuff so I can get one of your systems.

Keep up the good work.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:26 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your system may be good, but after owning many baggers, your take on the factory system is a little bashing too, Ive never had a bottoming out or leaking system and they all have ridden very good.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:29 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi
I will be looking at getting some soon also. Can you post some pictures of were the compressor goes and the controls?
I have installed the compressor and valve on my EG Classic. You can see the photos of the install I put up here:
http://www.wholearmor.net/draggin'baggers.htm
Hope that helps

My shocks arrive tomorrow, but unfortunately I'm having hernia surgery tomorrow too! So it will be a few weeks before I can finish the installation, but I can't wait to get it all in and start showing off my slammed bagger around the northwest! Let me also say that Draggin' Baggers is one of the best companies I have ever worked with, and Tony and Amee have really gone the extra mile and then some, to get me set up with their system. We on HD forums are very fortunate to have the opportunity to have "first dibs" on their product.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:47 PM
2006ultra
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any problems with my shocks leaking or bottoming out yet but I do want to lower my bike. I have looked at the kits on ebay that basically relocate the shocks I have. I'm not to excited about that plan. Believe it or not I have thought about doing what Draggin Baggers is currently doing before I heard of them. I just never pursued it. I used to run air shocks on my car when I was in high school. I have done endless searches on the net for an air shock to try my own system. I haven't found anything yet. All I can say is for what he is selling this kit for you can't justify even messing with it yourself. The price is MORE than fair. If it were me I would sell it for more. Keep up the good work! I may be calling you in the near future.

P.S. can I buy just the shocks from you and just set them were I want them and forget about raising and lowering the bike? Had it on my Goldwing and never messed with it.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
t_m34
Tourer

Wow, now I'm all worried that my stock suspension will bottom out and leak!! [] But seriously I've been looking at this forum for a while too and you gotta realize that, as they say, opinions are like @$$holes, everyone's got one and they all stink. And it's pretty easy to bad mouth a company or a product, or a person for that matter, from the safety of your own home or office.

Now a lecture from someone who's been in the marketing/PR world for about 15 years now:

Take the noise in the tranny issue. You'll notice that there are a few people who are having issues and to that individual person it's a serious problem and the MoCo needs to get it fixed. To us other yahoos it's their problem; the MoCo still needs to get it fixed but many of us probably think that the MoCo is honestly working on the problem as fast as they can and eventually it'll be fixed, a recall will happen and everybody will go on their merry way. I mean, we realize that's just good business sense.

But those few who have the actual problem on their bike want it fixed NOW and there is NO excuse WHATSOEVER!! Understandable.

I think the MoCo knows what the number of complainers are and how that works into their annual sales figures. I'm sure they are working on a way to end the madness because they know that, even though "that's not really a problem" may be a valid point, pissing off the customers is never a good thing.

You should probably take a page from the MoCo: don't sweat the complainers, make sure your product is sound and fix it if it isn't, and cultivate those long term customers you are obviously building. Focus on the positive brother!

Oh and I personally wouldn't buy your product. Not because I think is sucks but because I don't want to spend my money on a custom suspension. I will go through my sad little life on my sad little leaking suspension waiting for it to bottom out.[&o]

Quick Reply: Draggin Baggers response to a problem...