Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 foot 9 inch rider looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:25 AM
ffchadbo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 foot 9 inch rider looking for help

Any tall 6'7" and above riders out there?
What have you done to not look and feel like a giant on a tricycle?
I just rented a road glide and felt a alot cramped .I loved riding but I'm looking for a little help to be more comfortable.
I want a touring Harley but I'm feeling a little discouraged.
Thanks for the help

Old 09-21-2006, 04:18 AM
BigJohn
Cruiser
Default RE: 6 foot 9 inch rider looking for help

try a Boss Hoss.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:52 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Or a great big F*!k off trike!!

Old 09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Or the Boston Celtics

Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Sportshot
Cruiser

Check out these forward controls for baggers. I put them on a 00 FLHT and they made all the difference in the world. I haved some hip trouble and without them I would have probably quit riding. No I don't work for them and i do not want to sell mine, but this might be the answer for you. I bought a new 07 SG and took the controls off my 00 to save in case my hip gives me trouble again. They will give you an extra 5 or 6 inches of leg room. Another option would be to ride a Wide Glide, they have controls about as far forward as you can get with a HD. Good luck!

http://www.accutronix.com/products/flh/FLH1.shtml

Old 09-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Barebackjack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a buddy that is 6' 5" had forward controls put on his road glide. He also put a low profile seat on it to lower him also.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 AM
bucs012
Road Master

You bought the right bike for as tall as you are. The RG allows your legs to stretch out more then any other HD. I would try the HD Tall Boy seat and the forward controls mentioned above. THat should get you another 2-3 inches. Doesn't sound like much but on a bike it makes a world of difference.

Also- Kuryakyn makes spacers you can put on your foot boards that will move your boards out/away from the motor/exhaust on both sides. I like them very much!!!!! Very easy to install.
Also something that helped me was to loosen your front mounting bolts and tilt your foot boards Up HIGHER in the front and leave them low in the rear. This makes the floor board at a tilted angle (not a lot but enough) instead of flat. Again, giving you just a little more foot room.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:59 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6'3" and I push the envelope for comfort and extension...good luck! Cruiseboards and backrest make all the difference for me.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:24 PM
bucs012
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

6'3" and I push the envelope for comfort and extension...good luck! Cruiseboards and backrest make all the difference for me.

So true! Forgot about the cruise pegs/boards mounted on the front bars. Don't help much in the city but out on the hi-way it's like you're in a Lazy Boy!!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 01:04 PM
scottf
Advanced

Drive from the back seat. Seriously, APE HANGERS made all the difference for me. I'm 6-8" or 6-9"(extremely long legs) with my shoes on. I have a road king custom. I went with the 16" hangers, but if I did it again they would be 18". I know you can't do that on any of the glide bikes (IMOP)and make it look good though. I have the tall boy seat, extended floor boards, and the adjustable highway pegs that swing way out. Next I will be doing the extended shifter and brake. What really made the difference on long rides for me was the handle bars. Before that on anything over an hour my back killed. Corbin will make you a special seat to slide you back more than the tall boy, but you lose passenger room.

Quick Reply: 6 foot 9 inch rider looking for help