Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:28 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Great idea, looks cool! Something new to do now! Inspired! Anyone have suggestions of parts needed to do this to front and back? Where to buy? TIA

Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 AM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this mod to my bike last month. I bought the earlier kit (P/N 69227-04) off ebay for $20 new. I bought the signals from H-D, and I also bought this tool to install the passing lamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...item255ebec670

For the $15 for the tool and shipping it's a lot better then making your on! I got this tool within a two days. For for a little over $100, it made my life a lot easier.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:36 AM
liftgator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
Great idea, looks cool! Something new to do now! Inspired! Anyone have suggestions of parts needed to do this to front and back? Where to buy? TIA
The HD kits (front bracket 69227-04A and bullet turn signals 69228-04, and rear 68615-04) come with everything you need except for the slotted socket for loosening the bolt under the aux lamps to aim them. You can make your own if you have a dremmel or get one off ebay as suggested in the previous post for about $15 shipped. This light kits are pricey so you'll want to keep an eye out for parts sales.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by liftgator
The HD kits (front bracket 69227-04A and bullet turn signals 69228-04, and rear 68615-04) come with everything you need except for the slotted socket for loosening the bolt under the aux lamps to aim them. You can make your own if you have a dremmel or get one off ebay as suggested in the previous post for about $15 shipped. This light kits are pricey so you'll want to keep an eye out for parts sales.
Thank you Liftgator!

I looked for that tool on ebay, guess I need to wait until that seller posts another one to sell. Otherwise what other choice do I have for that tool - like Sears?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 PM
liftgator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
Thank you Liftgator!

I looked for that tool on ebay, guess I need to wait until that seller posts another one to sell. Otherwise what other choice do I have for that tool - like Sears?
I was able to locate the item (HARLEY TOOL,TOURING,SOFTAIL,ELECTRA GLIDE,ROAD KING). Try this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...22810220688459

Old 11-14-2010, 08:01 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Smile

Originally Posted by liftgator
I was able to locate the item (HARLEY TOOL,TOURING,SOFTAIL,ELECTRA GLIDE,ROAD KING). Try this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...22810220688459
You come through again! That worked purchase made - I must be losing my touch, I tried several variations to search for that tool! Thank you Liftgator!

Old 11-30-2010, 01:42 AM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

recently ordered these two kits, glad i found this thread was unaware the i needed special socket, just saved me a lot of frustration, i hate starting a project and find something missing that causes a delay, thanks once more to you guys

Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior

Your mods look great! Anythings better then the Pancakes, stock stamped plates and towel bar. I think this is one of HD's nicest designs.
Most people don't notice how ugly the stock stuff is for some reason? That is until you see them side by side. Kinda like the tourpack hinges.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 PM
captainjack
Road Master

first winter mod completed, love the look, thanks to everyone here and others who posted about the auxilliary passing lamps, i promise it would have been a hair puller if it hadn't been for this forum

Attached Thumbnails Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit-merkaba-081.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 11:36 PM
captainjack
Road Master

for future inquiries here are pictures of the butt splice connectors, splicing the new auilliary light wires to the old delphi-2 connectors. next project SE comp

Attached Thumbnails Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit-merkaba-071.jpg   Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit-merkaba-072.jpg  

Quick Reply: Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit