Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:23 AM
badjustbad
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did these same mods on my RKC and now I am doing them on my Ultra LTD.

Here is something you might want to try... One thing the RKC rear light kit came with was a plate holder to relocate the licence under the taillight - which I think is a major improvement over the stock location. I suspect the reason it isn't provided with the kit for the Ultras is it may cause the license to cover a portion of the fender light. Especially in Canada where our plates are larger.

My parts order is being delivered today (it's at the FedEx depot) so I can't confirm this just yet but, I suspect H-D didn't produce a specific version of the tail light kit for the Ultras without the holes for mounting the license plate holder (I think the hole are there). I looked up the part number in the parts list from the RKC kit and bought the plate holder separately ($10). If it fits I will be relocating the plate under the tail light like I did on the RKC.

To finish off this look I will be purchasing LED lights from Badlands (front and rear), which will put the clear portion of the taillight under the red lens, to keep it legal. I will do this even if I can't relocate the license because something my riding buddies told me is the red bullet lens on the signals and tail light aren't very obvious in the bright sun light. The LEDs on the RKC are a huge improvement - and now they are hard on the eyes for those following me at night. <G>

Edit to add:
The license holder part number is 60089-05.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:01 PM
liftgator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badjustbad
I did these same mods on my RKC and now I am doing them on my Ultra LTD.

Here is something you might want to try... One thing the RKC rear light kit came with was a plate holder to relocate the licence under the taillight - which I think is a major improvement over the stock location. I suspect the reason it isn't provided with the kit for the Ultras is it may cause the license to cover a portion of the fender light. Especially in Canada where our plates are larger.

My parts order is being delivered today (it's at the FedEx depot) so I can't confirm this just yet but, I suspect H-D didn't produce a specific version of the tail light kit for the Ultras without the holes for mounting the license plate holder (I think the hole are there). I looked up the part number in the parts list from the RKC kit and bought the plate holder separately ($10). If it fits I will be relocating the plate under the tail light like I did on the RKC.

To finish off this look I will be purchasing LED lights from Badlands (front and rear), which will put the clear portion of the taillight under the red lens, to keep it legal. I will do this even if I can't relocate the license because something my riding buddies told me is the red bullet lens on the signals and tail light aren't very obvious in the bright sun light. The LEDs on the RKC are a huge improvement - and now they are hard on the eyes for those following me at night. <G>

Edit to add:
The license holder part number is 60089-05.
I also want to add the smoked fender tip light (59776-10) to finish off. It adds one more brake light which can't hurt. Thanks

Old 11-09-2010, 06:40 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I did this mod last spring, it really does look better than the bar and pancakes.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

you did a great job. it looks really sharp.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:41 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed

Old 11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Here's a look at mine.

Attached Thumbnails Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit-img_0463.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 PM
badjustbad
Tourer

Originally Posted by badjustbad
My parts order is being delivered today (it's at the FedEx depot) so I can't confirm this just yet but, I suspect H-D didn't produce a specific version of the tail light kit for the Ultras without the holes for mounting the license plate holder (I think the hole are there).
Wrong! The holes aren't there.<crap>

Now I have to find some other place to mount the license plate. Maybe a nice lookin holder on the back of a saddle bag...

Old 11-11-2010, 10:47 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by liftgator
It was pricey, but ..... I had to do it. I also ordered the heated Hammock seat.
....... yessir, those bullets look waay better, but that heated Hammock sounds like a real winner over the next 6 mo or so .......

Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Nice Job

Quick Reply: Installed the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit