Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monkey bars... How hard is install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PWFD
Just pulled my invoice. Labor for for 6 hours equaling $450. To me it was worth every penny as I know they did it right and I was able to have my bike up and running with no question unlike if I would have done it. :-)
That is very reasonable compared to some estimates I have heard

Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
OlDusty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pulled my invoice. Labor for for 6 hours equaling $450. To me it was worth every penny as I know they did it right and I was able to have my bike up and running with no question unlike if I would have done it. :-)
EEEE GAD Lots of $$$ but a lot less stress and worth every penney if your happy with the results! Thanks for the quick response...

Old 11-09-2010, 10:24 AM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
That is very reasonable compared to some estimates I have heard
Yea, I'm not a guy who enjoys working on my bike. Dont like the stress of trying to install something I have never done before on such a BIG ticket item. I felt for the price it was well worth it. The results are amazing! Made my bike much more comfortable and I think it looks WAY better than stock.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a little bit difficult but i've done it... take your time and everything will be ok. You will forget the price and how hard it was when you'll ride with this fantastic bar.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 AM
neano62
Tourer

Originally Posted by TheWhitedogg
those bars look great, are they the 10's or 12's
Thanx Whitedogg! They are 10"

Old 03-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

How much of that labor was for wiring? I've got someone offering to run wiring for 2 hours @ $90. Wondering if wiring is enough of a PIA to shell out $180? Man this is tuff for me, I hate paying for stuff I can do myself, but I don't want to loose a whole day running this wiring either. BTW, no I have not run internal wiring b4. As it is I'm gonna have to pay the local Stealer to bleed brakes cuz ABS brakes apparently have to be done with their fancy computer. Grrrr...

Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dew Me
How much of that labor was for wiring? I've got someone offering to run wiring for 2 hours @ $90. Wondering if wiring is enough of a PIA to shell out $180? Man this is tuff for me, I hate paying for stuff I can do myself, but I don't want to loose a whole day running this wiring either. BTW, no I have not run internal wiring b4. As it is I'm gonna have to pay the local Stealer to bleed brakes cuz ABS brakes apparently have to be done with their fancy computer. Grrrr...
Bet on him needing more than 2hrs dude...they're a Bitch!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send me a PM with your email if you want the Yaffe tips for your install.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:44 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I've done the Wild1 12.5's on my Classic and just finished doing the Monkey Bar 10's on my Road Glide, first batwingers can't compare to Road Glides as far as difficulty, Yaffe's Monkey Bars on bat wings are curved at the bottom so the only sharp bend is at the top, Monkey Bars on Road Glides have a sharp bend at the top and bottom, I followed yaffe's instructions and cut the plastic black cover off the wires and bought 6' heat shrink and heat shrunk the entire harness making it stiffer, it will still bend but this allows you to push harder on them and it is easier to push than pull on them, I have Yaffe's instructions if you want them but you can do it

Old 03-05-2011, 06:45 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Disconnect molex plugs and shrink wrap wires - 10 mins. Left side pulling through bars took me about 5 minutes, right side about 45. reconnect molex plugs about 10 minutes. Wiring done 1 hour and 10 mins. Thats with quite a bit of struggle on the right side. I used conduit lube from home depot. Kind of like a giant bottle of KY. A little messy but worked well. Make sure you move TBW plug to bottom, makes a huge difference.

Quick Reply: Monkey bars... How hard is install?