Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Improved fairing mount mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:59 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Improved fairing mount mirrors

Got tired of looking at my hands in the Street Glide mirrors, and I didn’t like the aftermarket offerings, so I made these. Got a cheap set of Ebay take off, stock tapered mirrors, cut em off and put them in my raised brackets. I did cut the blanks out with a vertical band saw and drilled the holes in a press, but everything was hand finished with a file. This could be done entirely by hand. Originally mounted them straight and they worked fine, but I decided to put the bend in em to wrap tighter to the fairing. Still debating over black or chrome mirror heads. The small mirrors are stick on convex modified by me, been running them for over a year and they are awesome once you get used to two sets of mirrors. If you see a vehicle in them, do not change lanes! You can see a vehicle perfectly on line with the back of your bike, two car widths over left or right side. The small ones are Maxi View, online, not cheap but they do work very well.

Attached Thumbnails Improved fairing mount mirrors-100_0725.jpg   Improved fairing mount mirrors-100_0731.jpg   Improved fairing mount mirrors-100_0728.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 PM
FUJILICIOUS
Road Captain
Received 196 Likes on 108 Posts

That looks awesome! Great job.

BTW, what did you do with your stock mirrors? Reason I ask is that my left one broke off my fairing yesterday (don't ask how). I've been checking online and haven't been able to find a left only fairing mirror.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:30 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job. I'm curious about the bracket above the speaker in the 2nd picture. It doesn't look stock. Did you fabricate it? It looks a lot more sturdy than my stock ones.

Dave

Old 11-07-2010, 02:51 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Fujilicious,
Sorry Bro my left side was broken also

EastSideBikerTrash,
I did build the additional fairing support bracket, check it out at https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-brackets.html

Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Nice work. Where there is will there is a way!

Old 11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Originally Posted by fujilicious
i've been checking online and haven't been able to find a left only fairing mirror.
91955-98b lft mirror $37.50

Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 AM
J_DORSETT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FUJILICIOUS
That looks awesome! Great job.

BTW, what did you do with your stock mirrors? Reason I ask is that my left one broke off my fairing yesterday (don't ask how). I've been checking online and haven't been able to find a left only fairing mirror.
I have a left mirror or a pair that ill sell you.

Email me at race4108@hotmail.com

Justin Dorsett

Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,595 Likes on 22,448 Posts

Looks great.. I am going to have to do something different now too as far as mirrors go as I am going to go with Santee 11 inch apes.
They look like this;

The mirrors don't look too bad but could hug the fariing a bit more. I would like to use the Kuryakyn Blind spot mirrors and mount them about as high as I possibly could like you did. Also thought about the joker machine perch mount mirrors like this;

They say though that are only

Mirror Dimensions: 8.3 X 4.2

Glass Dimensions: 4.9 X 2.6

Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Got tired of looking at my hands in the Street Glide mirrors, and I didn’t like the aftermarket offerings, so I made these. Got a cheap set of Ebay take off, stock tapered mirrors, cut em off and put them in my raised brackets. I did cut the blanks out with a vertical band saw and drilled the holes in a press, but everything was hand finished with a file. This could be done entirely by hand. Originally mounted them straight and they worked fine, but I decided to put the bend in em to wrap tighter to the fairing. Still debating over black or chrome mirror heads. The small mirrors are stick on convex modified by me, been running them for over a year and they are awesome once you get used to two sets of mirrors. If you see a vehicle in them, do not change lanes! You can see a vehicle perfectly on line with the back of your bike, two car widths over left or right side. The small ones are Maxi View, online, not cheap but they do work very well.
Not too bad.....I like it !

Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
MoChrome
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Got tired of looking at my hands in the Street Glide mirrors, and I didn’t like the aftermarket offerings, so I made these..
Nice! I'd be willing to buy a couple sets of brackets if you want to make a few $

Quick Reply: Improved fairing mount mirrors