Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Exhaust Sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:09 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jackpot Exhaust Sound

Hi all!
My Jackpot slash cut 3.5" was installed on 07/10, and I have been really like the sound from the begining.
After 9000 mile trip, there is no more rumble sound during accelerating. In the matter of fact, the sound is even quieter than the stock pipes.
Does any one have any experience as I do?
Just curious! I am still like Fuelmoto service very much tho.
Thanks for any info.
Nick

Old 11-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Mine actually seemed to get louder over time. So much so, I had to put the stock pipes back on because the wife likes it quieter.

Cale

Old 11-06-2010, 01:37 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

That's odd!
Mine, originally is loud enough during the acceleration, and I really like it.
I still have a brandnew "quiet baffle" that I have decided to keep, because I may use it when my ears cannot take the loud noise anymore, but not in this case. I am loosing the "noise" to almost nothing.
I guess I have to give Jamie a call for an advice.
Nick

Old 11-06-2010, 01:46 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Strange. Maybe you are just losing your hearing...lol j/k. I don't have the jackpot, but all other mufflers I have used in the past always got louder after breaking them in. I am sure moto will have the answer for you. Good luck

Old 11-06-2010, 03:39 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Strange. Maybe you are just losing your hearing...lol j/k. I don't have the jackpot, but all other mufflers I have used in the past always got louder after breaking them in. I am sure moto will have the answer for you. Good luck
Ironically, you are right! I am loosing my hearing. and you are also right that the pipe should be louder with age, but mine is just few months old and they are loosing their "voice".
I have checked all the bolts and nuts' tightness, and they appear fine to me. This bring up a question.

Should I take the baffle out to have a look? I've never done this before, so I am not sure how easy this task would be.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Theres a screw on the underside near the outlet end. Take that out and you should be able to pull the baffle. If you can't, you might need to remove the mufflers and tap them out from the inlet side using a wooden dowel or something that won't damage the mufflers or baffles. I would contact Jamie at FuelMoto. no longer than you've had them. I've been running their Jackpot's almost two years and they do get louder over time. Mine's quieter on my 2010 RK because of the cat in the Head pipe.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:54 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Theres a screw on the underside near the outlet end. Take that out and you should be able to pull the baffle. If you can't, you might need to remove the mufflers and tap them out from the inlet side using a wooden dowel or something that won't damage the mufflers or baffles. I would contact Jamie at FuelMoto. no longer than you've had them. I've been running their Jackpot's almost two years and they do get louder over time. Mine's quieter on my 2010 RK because of the cat in the Head pipe.
Thanks much for the tips. I hope I will see an obvious clue after I take the baffle out.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious, what year is your bike, and does it still have the stock headpipe? Curious if it is a cat model.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhis
Ironically, you are right! I am loosing my hearing. and you are also right that the pipe should be louder with age, but mine is just few months old and they are loosing their "voice".
I have checked all the bolts and nuts' tightness, and they appear fine to me. This bring up a question.

Should I take the baffle out to have a look? I've never done this before, so I am not sure how easy this task would be.
If they are getting quieter I am thinking that you might be getting carboned up. If thats the case, you need to get that addressed. Too rich can be just as bad and sometimes worse than too lean.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rickr01
If they are getting quieter I am thinking that you might be getting carboned up. If thats the case, you need to get that addressed. Too rich can be just as bad and sometimes worse than too lean.
Thanks MUCH!
I think that is the 1st clue, and that makes sense.