Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is cool, 1 gal gas custom fitted in bag

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 AM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

You guys are correct, there are few places you cannot get gas....during business hours....

I didn't post this because everyone would like, I liked it, not everyone rides like everyone else....in the more rural areas, gas stations can be closed on holidays, sundays, evenings, due to low demand and the employees need time off too....

Old 11-07-2010, 08:42 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta get one of those, I77 through WV doesn't have many 24hr service stations. Wish there was a way to pipe it straight to the tank, then you can push a button and have an extra gallon.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

There will always be those amongst us who are "survivoralists". They seem to be prepared for every eventuality conceivable. A good thing I suppose. For my part though, I have a six gallon gasoline tank on my bike. The bike gets about 40 mpg. I never go anywhere where I feel threatened about running out of gas. But if I did, I think I would buy a trailer to pull behind my bike and fill it with 5 gallon gas cans, just in case. If necessity is indeed the mother of invention, the guy who invented this gas can is probably going to experience a lot of time between meals. None the less, I wish him and anybody who uses this device the best of luck.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brother got one while we were in Sturgis this year. He didn't like the fact that I had 6 gallons onboard and he only had five. Guess it still didn't satisfy him so he bought a 2011 CVO Street Glide in September. He showed me!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:28 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I gotta get one! You know how much that gallon of gas is worth to the fool in the group that ran out! LOL!!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm thinking that filling it with some whiskey.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Going to Alaska via the Alaska Canada Highway (ALCAN), I would recommend getting 2. I have made the trip in car a few times, even though it has been several years ago. The distance between towns in the Yukon can be quite a ways between each other. I would definitely recommend picking up a "Milepost" which is a guide to the ALCAN. I would also never recommend taking a gasoline station for granted. If there is a gas station, stop and filler up. Oh, and invest in a good seat, it is a long ride!!

Old 11-07-2010, 10:23 AM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
Gotta get one of those, I77 through WV doesn't have many 24hr service stations. Wish there was a way to pipe it straight to the tank, then you can push a button and have an extra gallon.
That's the beauty of our great country....go invent the modification and make some money......btw, it really wouldn't be that difficult

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
I gotta get one! You know how much that gallon of gas is worth to the fool in the group that ran out! LOL!!
I love an Entrepreneurial spirit 1 bird 2 stones, now wether the fool learns from the lesson, no guarantee....(yes I have been the fool)

Last edited by teqsand; 11-07-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:27 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

When on long trips I use a Tourpack with a 1 gallon tank wrapped up in a plastic bag. Only used it once to help out a buddy.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Great product. The angluar shape looks like it will fits nicely in HD hard bags. I could have used one on a couple road trips where gas stations were far and few.

Quick Reply: This is cool, 1 gal gas custom fitted in bag