Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM
liftgator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit Installation Help

I'm installing the Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit (69227-04A) and bullet turn signals on a '10 Ltd. I searched previous threads and found some good info but still have a few questions. So far I assembled the parts from the kit and the new turn signals so now I'm ready to disassemble the stock aux lamps/turn signals. Here are my questions:

1. Do I need to remove the outer faring to disconnect the stock wiring?
2. Where do I cut/splice the stock wires?
3. I did my best to align the new aux lamp housings on the new brackets to match the angles of the stock aux lamps. Can the aux lamps be fine tuned after the installation is complete with the wire in the way?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

To aim the passing lamps, you'll need a slotted 9/16 deep well socket. You can just go get a cheapie from Napa, and cut a slot with a cut off wheel in a Dremel.

Didn't the kit come with an instruction sheet? I think you do need to take off the outer fairing, but that's not a big deal at all.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you have to take off the outer fairing to access the turn signal connections. On the new kit, it comes with new connectors that you have to build that will plug right into the factory turnsignal harness. Here is the link to the instruction sheet.... http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J03729.pdf

Old 11-06-2010, 05:56 AM
liftgator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the info. The instructions leave out a few steps so I ordered the service manual but it hasn't arrived yet. Thanks

Old 11-06-2010, 06:20 AM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did this install for a friend last week. You can "fine-tune" the passing lamps at the end. I marked my garage door before I installed the kit so it was easier when I was done. To make life easy, remove the fairing and disconnect the headlight and turn on the passing lamps.

Also his kit didn't come with new pins. What I did was cut the old wires with the connector still attached and wired them to the new ones. If you get new pins, you need a special H-D tool to crimp them on.

Took about and hour and half. Not a bad install.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:23 AM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As other said, you still need a slotted socket to tighten the passing lamp bucket. I bought mine from here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...item255e9202ec. It costs $15 and I got it in about 2 days. Looks damn close to the Snap On socket.