Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the Darkside(car tire)today

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Not to mention that most of the upgrades are not legal for street use. So if you have a TTS, SERT, SEPST a good exhaust then they insurance co. could probably deny a claim since the bike isn't street legal.

I personally don't run a CT, I have no issues with a M/T but I can repect others that choose to use one. But I did ask a adjuster that we work with on wrecked bikes about the C/T, he said they don't care, it wouldn't be enough to dent a claim.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Only requirement is DOT certification. They are certified. And safer, as we know.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM
driverswanted
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't imagine the ins. co. adjuster would even notice. I've had several customers' bikes through the shop after a crash, and have pulled off nearly new tires and swapped them out with old, bald dirt bike tires and whatever else we had laying around to keep the good Harley rubber for future use. Do you think even one adjuster said anything about it at all? They look at whats damaged, and write it off. Never have they said a word about a bald front tire being installed on the back, or vice versa, or a knobby trail tire on the front... they don't care. Hell we strip half the good stuff off bikes before they come back to pick it up after they'd seen it... pictures or not... and never a word...

Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Serelaw
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coolerman

I will take the tire.
You live 108 miles from me I can come get it Monday.
Call me I sent u a PM

Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by driverswanted
I can't imagine the ins. co. adjuster would even notice. I've had several customers' bikes through the shop after a crash, and have pulled off nearly new tires and swapped them out with old, bald dirt bike tires and whatever else we had laying around to keep the good Harley rubber for future use. Do you think even one adjuster said anything about it at all? They look at whats damaged, and write it off. Never have they said a word about a bald front tire being installed on the back, or vice versa, or a knobby trail tire on the front... they don't care. Hell we strip half the good stuff off bikes before they come back to pick it up after they'd seen it... pictures or not... and never a word...
Just curious, what is the name of your shop? This is so I can avoid it and warn others.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:39 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
Just curious, what is the name of your shop? This is so I can avoid it and warn others.
I agree!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
Why??? Are you worried about wrecked/totaled out scooters????

Old 06-17-2012, 04:27 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat1
Why??? Are you worried about wrecked/totaled out scooters????
A thief's a thief, regardless if the bike is totalled or not. It belongs to the insurance company. It's BS practices like this that keep all our premiums up. Why should this second hand shop profit from someone elses misfortune?

Old 06-17-2012, 05:00 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Not sure of your stock size there, but see if anyone's added you in here:
http://darkside.nwff.info/database.php
Not Found

The requested URL /database.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:35 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just wondering, has anybody ever talked with a tire engineer/designer to find out the true difference between MC and car tires? I have always run MC tires, but I must admit I just put a set of tires on my car that actually feel softer to the touch than those on my bike, they cost about half as much, and I'm sure they will last twice as long. Also for those of you that do go to car tires, who do you get to mount them?

Quick Reply: Went to the Darkside(car tire)today