Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the Darkside(car tire)today

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Driverswanted: you could be the first to go TRIPLEdarkside! Running a rear MT in front seems to work well for many - I did a cheap Bridgestone and didn't seem to get any more miles from it, although traction was good. (S-11) Running a Shinko 777 up there now and traction is off the chain. I have ZERO chikken strips on it even from the first week!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 AM
driverswanted
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thant sounds pretty reasonable. It is still new? I can't figure out how to send PM's here, so shoot me a PM and I'll give you the address and we can figure out payment.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The BMW sport tourers, many ride fast and very far. Do any of them run CTs?

Old 05-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I imagine them and the Dukers can't get their noses out of the air long enough to mount one!

Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 AM
driverswanted
6th Gear

Hey Coolerman, do you still have that tire available? For some reason I'm unable to send private messages. Not sure why. I can have you ship it to a friends place in Michigan, or to me directly in Canada. I'm not sure if the USPS ships tires, but I can't imagine why not. Either way, get back to me if you have a chance. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:16 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by driverswanted
Hey Coolerman, do you still have that tire available? For some reason I'm unable to send private messages. Not sure why. I can have you ship it to a friends place in Michigan, or to me directly in Canada. I'm not sure if the USPS ships tires, but I can't imagine why not. Either way, get back to me if you have a chance. Thanks.
Yes I still have it.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spiker
Had a Dunlap SP5000 put on my 09 Road King,awesome!The indy mechanic,who built allot of custom bikes, that put it on took it for a ride said this would cut way down on his tire sales. He was really impressed how it rode and handled.Don't think I'll be going back to a MT,just wish I could find one to fit my 02.Thanks to TooEasy for all the info.

I'll be interested to see what your insurance company says after a claim (no, I'm not hoping you have one). You will have been found to be riding a Motorcycle with a car tire!!! Using an important piece on a bike that is actually meant to be on a car. I could see them being very hesitant to pay out and honestly, I wouldn't blame them. (would you put a big car tire on a small, 2 seater plane????????)

1HarleyGuy1

Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HarleyGuy1
I'll be interested to see what your insurance company says after a claim (no, I'm not hoping you have one). You will have been found to be riding a Motorcycle with a car tire!!! Using an important piece on a bike that is actually meant to be on a car. I could see them being very hesitant to pay out and honestly, I wouldn't blame them. (would you put a big car tire on a small, 2 seater plane????????)

1HarleyGuy1
Yadda Yadda Yadda...................Heard it all before! The ins co don't care. Been there done that and so have several others on this site. If you don't like the idea of a CT on a bike hit the back button and go to another thread!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Midgitfire
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1HarleyGuy1

1HarleyGuy1
They'd probably be more interested to know of all the upgrades people do to provide more horsepower and cc's, since the amount you pay varies with engine size. But I'll bet nobody worries about that when they upgrade.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 PM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default +1+1 always people that over think this sh__ t I agree yada yada !!!

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Yadda Yadda Yadda...................Heard it all before! The ins co don't care. Been there done that and so have several others on this site. If you don't like the idea of a CT on a bike hit the back button and go to another thread!

I agree with you !!!

Quick Reply: Went to the Darkside(car tire)today