Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the Darkside(car tire)today

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

What? And go against the grain? Get fired from the company? Become a laughing stock with the other "engineers" who are the great rotunda of Ivory Tower of Knowledge?
Why, perish the thought! Even a hint of alienation could be the very harbinger of doom or at least a reduction in pay and a loss of the bathroom keys, reducing one to a mere cubicle and the use of the gas station down the street!
Forget that there are actually thousands of them out there, putting literally millions of miles on them, without even the first hint of a problem reported, with nearly every one of the riders becoming staunch advocates, forget that the insurance companies shrug their shoulders at the question, requiring it to only have tread depth and be DOT approved, forget that the braking friction is multiplied several fold, forget that the smoother ride on cruisers allows more seat time, and forget that this has all been debated to death.
Oh, but you didn't READ any of that, did you? Obviously not.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:42 PM
speedracr1972
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a ct on my 09" night train 2 weeks ago and have been riding alot here in houston. Have had a good experience with it so far. When i follow my friends down a twisting road i let them get a little ahead on the straight aways so i can catch them on the corners. There is a definate difference in riding the ct verses a mt but so far i love my ct.

I am running 36lbs in the tire and even with 2up riding its wonderful. I read the ct threads for allmost a year before i went out and bought one and installed it myself. A little tough to get mounted but it seated with no problems and didnt even have to balance it. It is not for everyone and for those who HAVE NOT tried it they cant really speak on something they dont have any experience on. If you think its crazy, it is. If you think its stupid, it might be. But i did it and will not go back. EVER....

Old 03-28-2011, 05:08 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I also put a CT on my 10 EGC and love it. I ride single up all the time with 26 lbs and it handles like a dream. I have about a 1000 miles so far and not going back to a MT.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 AM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Let the floodgates open.....!!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2005
I also put a CT on my 10 EGC and love it. I ride single up all the time with 26 lbs and it handles like a dream. I have about a 1000 miles so far and not going back to a MT.
What tire/size did you chose?

Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TooEasy
Let the floodgates open.....!!!!
Hahaaaa...they'll have to open them a bit wider I guess: I STILL don't see anyone coming up behind me in the twisties except a few crotch rockets!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

I had one on my VTX and liked it. It seemed you had to push a little harder in the turns but the grip was unbelivable. I am glad there is a size for my 08, I think with the more narrow tire it would turn even easier.

Will be searching for one and will have it for when my rear is gone!!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:44 AM
speedracr1972
6th Gear

Were just ahead of ya. I'll slow down so u can catch up. Lol

Old 03-29-2011, 05:17 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
What tire/size did you chose?

I put a Bridgestone Taranza 195-60-16 on it. It fit like it was made for it. I guess I have fat fingers. In the post , I said I run 26 lbs, I run 28 lbs. I had a local Honda dealer mount and ballance it. The HD dealer wouldn't touch it. The tire had a red dot on one side, and a yellow dot on the other and not lined up with each other. It was hard to find someone that new which one to line up with the valve stem. The Honda dealer lined up the yellow dot with the stem and it only to a half oz. of weight to ballance.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2005
I put a Bridgestone Taranza 195-60-16 on it. It fit like it was made for it. I guess I have fat fingers. In the post , I said I run 26 lbs, I run 28 lbs. I had a local Honda dealer mount and ballance it. The HD dealer wouldn't touch it. The tire had a red dot on one side, and a yellow dot on the other and not lined up with each other. It was hard to find someone that new which one to line up with the valve stem. The Honda dealer lined up the yellow dot with the stem and it only to a half oz. of weight to balance.
Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Went to the Darkside(car tire)today