Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the Darkside(car tire)today

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I've only had one guy show up for the Dragon challenge, and we lost him in the first curve; he THOUGHT he was gonna prove his mt's were better. Personally, I'm a regular chicken when it comes to wet riding, but since finding a front tire that holds very well in the wet, I've scraped the boards a number of times; something I've never, ever done in the rain before. I believe a CT has minimally as good or better wet traction than a MT - with the softer rubber, it makes sense too.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:09 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I've only had one guy show up for the Dragon challenge, and we lost him in the first curve; he THOUGHT he was gonna prove his mt's were better. Personally, I'm a regular chicken when it comes to wet riding, but since finding a front tire that holds very well in the wet, I've scraped the boards a number of times; something I've never, ever done in the rain before. I believe a CT has minimally as good or better wet traction than a MT - with the softer rubber, it makes sense too.
QD,
What front tire are running? I expect to be in the market soon...

Old 01-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
LOL

He was not in any way implying that someone rode a single car tire for 200,000 miles. All he said is that some riders have 200,000 miles on car tires.

Surely you knew that and you were just making a joke...

Right?
My reply was based on what he wrote, not what may have meant.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:42 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
That was intelligent...

Old 01-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
That was intelligent...
Really? You have some sort of problem? I witnessed 90k on OEM tires on a Honda. Why is far fetched an idiot tried 200k on a CT? Michelin, last I checked has a 90k warranty for a tire. I'm also an automotive authority and journalist. I suggest you not assume what is intelligent and what isn't.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 01-15-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Personally, I've NEVER seen any tire make the mileage they claim it should, even taking very good care, taking wide corners, avoiding braking, hypermiling for fuel mileage; not even close.
PF- you may not believe this, but look at the reviews on the MotorcycleSuperstore site on it. I am running my second Shinko 777, an $80.00 tire. They stick like GLUE, a great compliment to the CT in back; many cruisers running them. My first one only went 8K, but it was a front tire. I'm rockin' a rear this time to see if it goes farther.
Because of the way we ride, the center was fine; it's the sides that wore out on me. Here it is after I took it off:

Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Picky

I think you may have reached a new level of ****. Allow me to restate. Some of them put 200K miles with a car tire on the rear of their bike.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:13 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Because of the way we ride, the center was fine; it's the sides that wore out on me. Here it is after I took it off:
Well, I guess my post about motorcycle tires being flat in the center when you finally change them out just got shot down. Man, you are spending way too much time looking at the world from a 32* angle.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:57 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Really? You have some sort of problem? I witnessed 90k on OEM tires on a Honda. 90,000 miles on a motorcycle tire? If you meant they got 90,000 miles on a car who cares? what does that have to do with the price of rice in China?

Why is far fetched an idiot tried 200k on a CT? Maybe because I have never heard of anyone going more than about 40K on one tire darkside. But if think going 5X that amount is normal...

Michelin, last I checked has a 90k warranty for a tire. I am in, hell we are all in! Tell us where we can buy a motorcycle tire warrantied for 90,000 miles.

I'm also an automotive authority An automotive authority? Do you have a PHD in Authority? Are you an editor for Motor Week?

and journalist. Unless you write for the big biker magazines why does that matter?

I suggest you not assume what is intelligent and what isn't.
You got me on this one. I originally just assumed you were not intelligent...

Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rkoivisto
I think you may have reached a new level of ****. Allow me to restate. Some of them put 200K miles with a car tire on the rear of their bike.
He thinks you are saying someone got 200,000 miles on a single car tire on the back of a bike....
His mind is not agile enough to understand that you are talking about this riders aggregate dark side experience....

Quick Reply: Went to the Darkside(car tire)today