Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the Darkside(car tire)today

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:29 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apology accepted, if you could see the joy in my son face when we ride together, then I do believe you would have never made that statement. Just remember you can stop quotes like that. I do thank you for the apology, if your ever in the Atlanta area, my boy and I will buy your first round.

turtleman Brian

Attached Thumbnails Went to the Darkside(car tire)today-007.jpg   Went to the Darkside(car tire)today-015.jpg  
Old 11-10-2010, 08:33 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mav
Guys that quote is a very famous quote. Sure it's offense to some, humorous to others, but it is what it is. There's even a poster. The poster is really really offensive and I could have posted it but chose not to. If you never heard that quote before then you haven't spent much time on the net/in forums...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ecial+Olympics
Lol, those posters are pretty bad, but funny as hell!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Mav
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turtleman57
Apology accepted, if you could see the joy in my son face when we ride together, then I do believe you would have never made that statement. Just remember you can stop quotes like that. I do thank you for the apology, if your ever in the Atlanta area, my boy and I will buy your first round.

turtleman Brian
Cool. Thanks! I appreciate that.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Mav
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ronp42
My hat's off to you Turtleman. You are truly a special man. I apologize to you for this moron. I don't think he has the IQ to understand what he says. He contradicted himself when he said in his first post, he had rode a HayaBusa 180 plus on the Dragstrip, then turned around in another post quoting records set. Andrew Hines of V&H Racing team's personal best with a top fuel dragster that will smoke any Busa is 6.860 at 197.45 MPH. I have spent some time at the Track. It's been awhile, But I used to drag race. Have a good day Turtleman, the world needs more like you.
I sold my Turbo Busa last year. It now resides in Chicago. My passes and personal best can't compare or even come close to National Records. I never said I had any records. I only said what I have done on a bike I once owned... You said a busa can't go that fast and you are clearly mistaken.

http://www.mirockracing.com/records/

Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Mav
Tourer

Here's video proof for those that doubt what a street legal busa can do, without wheelie bar like Hines has lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KT2D5btgFo

Old 11-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw that same video. If you read my post, I didn't say a busa wouldn't run that fast. I said it had to be setup for a dragstrip. Geared and everything. Top speed on a stock busa is well below 204 mph.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with that, sometimes the looking cool factor outweighs the common sense factor. Hope everything stays safe with you. Just don't take it to Sturgis and try and ride those twisties.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
Good luck with that, sometimes the looking cool factor outweighs the common sense factor. Hope everything stays safe with you. Just don't take it to Sturgis and try and ride those twisties.
Me, I'm still waiting for the "darksiders" to respond to my post stating that mounting a 175 CT on a rim designed for a 140 is risky. I'm very curious to read their comments on the issue.
Cool is one thing, potentially dangerous is another. By the way, what I wrote has nothing to do with CTs. I would have wrote the same thing if the guys wanted to mount a 175 MC tire on this rim.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure am glad i can't do this on my 07. I just have to decide between Dunlop, Metzler, Michelin, and Avon (probably left a few out too).

Old 11-11-2010, 01:31 PM
hivoltg
Tourer

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Me, I'm still waiting for the "darksiders" to respond to my post stating that mounting a 175 CT on a rim designed for a 140 is risky. I'm very curious to read their comments on the issue.
Cool is one thing, potentially dangerous is another. By the way, what I wrote has nothing to do with CTs. I would have wrote the same thing if the guys wanted to mount a 175 MC tire on this rim.

I'll let you know how it turns out in the Spring, because I'll be putting one on my '07 Ultra. That's all I can say right now

Quick Reply: Went to the Darkside(car tire)today