Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the Darkside(car tire)today

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:53 PM
STURGISHERB603
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i UNDERSTAND YOU MIGHT MODIFY THE FRAME TO INSTALL WIDER FENDER IN ORDER TO INCREASE WIDTH OF TIRE! A FRIEND HAS AN OLDER BIKE AND BOUGHT A LATE MODEL SWING ARM FOR WIDER TIRE AND LATER FOUND OUT BOTH BIKE TAKE THE SAME SWING ARM. HE PURCHASES A REAR CLIP AND PLANS TO CUT FRAME AND REPLACE WITH LATER MODEL AND WELD. A REAR BRAKE CALIPER CHANGE OUT MAY BE REQUIRED. IF YOU FIGURE OUT BEFORE I DO. PLEASE SHARE WITH ME AT STURGISHERB@YAHOO.COM. WE HAVE 07 FLTR AND 08 ULTRA.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

OKAY, but WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US????

Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
OKAY, but WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US????
TOO MANY ct BLOWOUTS MADE HIM DEAF?

Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm laughing out loud!

WHY WON'T THIS THING LET ME POST IN ALL CAPS???

AH THERE WE GO

Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
I put motorcycle tires on my truck and the damn thing now has the dreaded wobble..... Looking for a automotive size stabilizer now :^)

Old 06-23-2013, 08:23 PM
FLHProadkill
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I posted this before but I guess not.
As suggested I read all the posts in this thread. Read every other post/note/comment I could find. There are as many pros as there are cons. I can see this as your either on one side of the fence or the other.
My decision is based on Harley greed to get every dollar from you even when buying tires. Since when are you restricted from buying OEM tires other than from Harley? It started my hunt for options and here I am. I'm looking for a tire that will safely get more than one trip/season and good traction.
I opted to try it. Iv'e got a few hundred miles on it and have only noticed an issue with cornering on a certain spot on the tire. Could be the tire I used.
It's smoother, tons of traction, tracks straight and a little softer ride. Also lighter by a couple of lbs.
My real test is a 6-7k trip in another week. I will be as objective as possible with my findings.
I'll be back in a few weeks and let anyone interested know how it turns out.
09 RK, General, G-MAX, 195/55/16

Old 06-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I think that was a pretty highly regarded tire there as I recall, but I just gotta ask; just WHAT are these "cons" you speak of?
As far as I and 98% of all Darksiders are concerned, MT's are UNSAFE on the rear if you really like to whip that thing. At least you noticed the immediate improvements, and I'll be looking forward to hearing the rest of it after your trip. I betcha don't go back!

Old 06-23-2013, 09:53 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHProadkill
As suggested I read all the posts in this thread. Read every other post/note/comment I could find. There are as many pros as there are cons. I can see this as your either on one side of the fence or the other.
My decision is based on Harley greed to get every dollar from you even when buying tires. Since when are you restricted from buying OEM tires other than from Harley? It started my hunt for options and here I am. I'm looking for a tire that will safely get more than one trip/season and good traction.
I opted to try it. Iv'e got a few hundred miles on it and have only noticed an issue with cornering on a certain spot on the tire. Could be the tire I used.
It's smoother, tons of traction, tracks straight and a little softer ride. Also lighter by a couple of lbs.
My real test is a 6-7k trip in another week. I will be as objective as possible with my findings.
Most if not all of the cons you have heard are from the "sheep" that are afraid to try it. I am sure you'll be satisfied.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:27 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHProadkill

Make sure you get the air pressure adjusted to your sweet spot. A couple pounds of pressure can make a big difference. I keep mine between 30 -32 pounds, but everyone is different.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:09 AM
Mark5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put 3 oz. of Dyna beads in mine with no problems on the last bike. Can't wait to do it again not to mention the improvement in ride.

Quick Reply: Went to the Darkside(car tire)today