Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the Darkside(car tire)today

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Mav
I have ran Mickey Thompson "motorcycle" flat slick tires on Hayabusas that where 7" wide with as little as 10 psi. I ran them on the highway and at the dragstrip in excess of 180 mph... Of course the majority of those miles where straight line but there where curves along the way. When I say curves I mean the basic kind, not the extremely hazardous descending radius curves on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, etc. Now, with that being said, a car tire is basically flat too. Although my experience with 7" flat motorcycle slicks are a different compound and application, it's also two different riding applications as well. Let's face it, a touring bike spends 90% of it's life riding in a straight line and rarely experiences much if any curves unless you use Deals Gap to commute to work. If a car tire rides anything like a flat slick then it can't be that bad, I don't know...

All I can say is try it or don't try. It's not worth getting heated in a forum. Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...
Even if you win, you're still retarded.
I really don't care what you put on your bike. But you are a dick.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie52
I really don't care what you put on your bike. But you are a dick.
He's also full of it concerning racing slicks. If a CT rides anything like a Racing slick, you do not want one on your bike. They are a bitch to break over to turn. Plus he hasn't been 180 plus on a drag strip with a busa unless he's running nitro and geared for it. He's getting up there with the big boys at 180. I'm not saying a busa won't run a 180, but not in a quarter mile.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Mav
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turbo

Old 11-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Mav
Tourer

I'm a lot of things but I'm certainly not full of it. You may want to spend some time at the track...

Pro Street "Turbocharged" MPH Record
Record: 204.48
Set: 7/17/10 at MIR
Rider: Bud Yoder
Hometown: Flint, MI
Bike: 2010 Suzuki Hayabusa

Pro Street "Turbocharged" ET Record
Record: 7.115
Set: 10/4/09 at MIR
Rider: Bud Yoder
Hometown: Flint, MI
Bike: 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

These records were done on a DOT tire. The "Flat Slick" record in the 1/4 is 6.90 range... I'm no Bud Yoder but I never claimed to be.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Mav
Tourer

Oh and one other thing, ProStreet is a street class. The bikes are street legal. Headlights, tail lights, brakes, tires, etc are all street legal. No wheelie bar class. Those numbers are truly big boy numbers. I could never get there b/c I wasn't willing to spend 50K building what it takes to get there...

So please don't tell me a busa want do it lmao.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mav
I have ran Mickey Thompson "motorcycle" flat slick tires on Hayabusas that where 7" wide with as little as 10 psi. I ran them on the highway and at the dragstrip in excess of 180 mph... Of course the majority of those miles where straight line but there where curves along the way. When I say curves I mean the basic kind, not the extremely hazardous descending radius curves on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, etc. Now, with that being said, a car tire is basically flat too. Although my experience with 7" flat motorcycle slicks are a different compound and application, it's also two different riding applications as well. Let's face it, a touring bike spends 90% of it's life riding in a straight line and rarely experiences much if any curves unless you use Deals Gap to commute to work. If a car tire rides anything like a flat slick then it can't be that bad, I don't know...

All I can say is try it or don't try. It's not worth getting heated in a forum. Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...
Even if you win, you're still retarded.
I have worked with special needs adults and children for over 30 years, and been a large supporter of Special Olympics. THE ONLY RETARED PERSON I HAVE SEEN IN THAT TIME IS THE IDIOT THAT MADE THIS STATEMENT.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Mav
Tourer

Guys that quote is a very famous quote. Sure it's offense to some, humorous to others, but it is what it is. There's even a poster. The poster is really really offensive and I could have posted it but chose not to. If you never heard that quote before then you haven't spent much time on the net/in forums...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ecial+Olympics

Last edited by Mav; 11-10-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mav
Guys that quote is a very famous quote. Sure it's offense to some, humorous to others, but it is what it is. There's even a poster. The poster is really really offensive and I could have posted it but chose not to. If you never heard that quote before then you haven't spent much time on the net/in forums...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ecial+Olympics
It is only famous, because narrow minded people such as yourself, chose to quote it , and pass it around. You have the power to stop it. And I guess my time is spent working with special needs individuals, including my son, and riding. I am glad I don’t have the time to visit the forums you do, and for that I consider myself lucky. God forbid you have a child or a family member that needs a little compassion as I see that you have none. I have no words to say, other than I feel very sorry for you.

turtleman

Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by turtleman57
I have worked with special needs adults and children for over 30 years, and been a large supporter of Special Olympics. THE ONLY RETARED PERSON I HAVE SEEN IN THAT TIME IS THE IDIOT THAT MADE THIS STATEMENT.
My hat's off to you Turtleman. You are truly a special man. I apologize to you for this moron. I don't think he has the IQ to understand what he says. He contradicted himself when he said in his first post, he had rode a HayaBusa 180 plus on the Dragstrip, then turned around in another post quoting records set. Andrew Hines of V&H Racing team's personal best with a top fuel dragster that will smoke any Busa is 6.860 at 197.45 MPH. I have spent some time at the Track. It's been awhile, But I used to drag race. Have a good day Turtleman, the world needs more like you.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Mav
Tourer

My sincerest apologies to you, yours and anyone I may have offended... It was not my intentions to do so. It was my failed attempt to shut down the back and forth agruing in this post. Again my apologies...

Quick Reply: Went to the Darkside(car tire)today