Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to haul an Ultra Classic???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Topcop
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to haul an Ultra Classic???

I guess I am asking a question that has been discussed on here before and if so please accept my apology. I have been a trucker of sorts all of my adult life and have hauled most any thing from livestock, lumber and building supplies, grain to heavy equipment. You name it I can usually figure a way to secure it on my trailer. I have been approached about hauling an Ultra Classic. Would someone please be kind enough to tell me where and how do I go about securing it to my trailer. I am worried about damaging the fairing, bags, lowers, ect. Pics would also help. I can get it on the trailer by forklift and a big pallet so this is not an issue. Thanks in advance. Topcop

Old 11-05-2010, 06:53 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm sure if you do a search you may be able to find some pics.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:57 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Topcop
I guess I am asking a question that has been discussed on here before and if so please accept my apology. I have been a trucker of sorts all of my adult life and have hauled most any thing from livestock, lumber and building supplies, grain to heavy equipment. You name it I can usually figure a way to secure it on my trailer. I have been approached about hauling an Ultra Classic. Would someone please be kind enough to tell me where and how do I go about securing it to my trailer. I am worried about damaging the fairing, bags, lowers, ect. Pics would also help. I can get it on the trailer by forklift and a big pallet so this is not an issue. Thanks in advance. Topcop
I am not sure about getting it on the trailer. That sounds pretty trickey to me. Once it's on I suggest tying it in 4 places. On either side front: I run a soft tie through the forks over the triple tree and pull down and forward. I depress the forks about 50%. On the rear I tie where the passenger pegs meet the frame and pull down and forward. this is after putting the bike's front wheel on a chock. This works well for me.

Last edited by dlrshort; 11-05-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Haul a UC

Can't be done!!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to one of your dealers see if you can get one of the old shipping pallets from them most will get you one. Then how you tie it down takes a little bit of logic but not rocket science. You don't want to have the forks bottomed out as any bumps along the way can damage the forks operation so leave a little bit of travel in it. I have trailered one in a uhaul and the only problemI had was mounting someeyeletsin the trailer to tie down to. The second is you don't want the front wheel up against the front of the trailer and it could damage the fender light as it will hit.Aske me how I know.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:45 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

of course it can be done. secure from the frame, two points in front and the rear. dont tie down using the handle bars. have the owner remove the lower fairings and you was good. use an enclosed trailers, other wise road rocks, make damage the scoot. i transport mine all over the place with no issues

Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 PM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Topcop
Kuryakyn makes some tear drop tie down brackets that mount to the side of your lowers. They work great and keep the straps off your fairing

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...etail/IMID/856