Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing fairing on RK?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Tex, I am only into mine, w/ tour pak, fairing, lowers, stereo system, etc, etc, about $2300 total. Had I done it all new, it would have been double that, I'm guessing. I found a brand new outer, second hand, bought a used inner and had it painted, like new lowers, and sold off all my original parts to keep cost to min. That's why it took me 4 months, but I have that luxury here in WA, thanks to winter. You'd be surprised how many new, like new or barely used parts you can find for half price or less.

And with your ability you will have no problem. My biggest challenge was wiring, but after I got past that it turned out being a very fun project. This forum helped me tremendously!
I've been consider it, kinda prices stuff e-bay and other sources. Also think about breaking out all my air brush gear I use to do a little custom painting in the RC hobby, mostly helicoper and airplanes.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own an 08' RG I have been riding for over 2yrs now,and I actually thought I might want to trade for a new SG. So I went today and test rode a 2010 SG,and the difference is all in the fairing. I don't like having the fairing so close to me that I cannot read the radio or read any of the gages. I prefer the shak nose over the Batwing no matter wether I can get the color I want or not.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The two reasons I hear over & over is "I don't want to get rid of my bike, I just want some tunes", and "I want to get the air off my hands when it's cold". I talked with one person recently who has an older RKing and feels he'll probably replace it in a year or two. He's trying to determine if he wants another RKing or if he wants to go to an Electraglide next. He decided to add a fairing and tunes now and see if that's how he wants to go with the new bike. Since he has a black bike he's just going to leave the fairing in black gelcoat and figures he can get most of his fairing money back when he sells the bike.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Draig
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
When I was shopping for my first Harley I wanted the best bike I could buy for the money. After looking at a lot of bikes and sitting down and running the numbers the Road King is what I felt I could afford. They would have financed anything I wanted. But I knew what I could pay.

I'm a retired U.S. Coast Guard Chief Engineer. I have the mech. ability to do pretty much anything I want from fab, service and repair.

I have pretty much customized everthing I have ever owned. 67 GTO, 71 Chevelle, 67 Shelby and Honda 750 k4 chopper and many more. So I'm pretty atune to not leaving anything the way I got It.

Now I would have love to went the way JohnnyD did with all original HD parts but I'd bet he have close to 2K in has fairing installation.

I've got about $700.00 in mine. Maybe down the road I'll follow JohnnyD's lead.

I feel my Road King has the best features of all the touring models. I can ride a Road King that sits like a Street Glide (Prem low hand adjustabe shocks.) I can ride a Street Glide with a 150 watt stereo blasting, or I can put the tour pack on, throw the wife on and go for the long ride Ultra long haul.

Why buy one when I can have all three.

Hi Tex

Which aftermarket fairing is that one?

Cheers

D

Old 11-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I purchase mine off e-bay. The seller make 12 to 15 a year.

He doesn't currently have anything for sale right now. But, you can contact him through the e-bay msg system

Here's a link to his last sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2760&viewitem=