Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you remove the nose cone on a road glide?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010 | 08:57 PM
eds06roadglide
|
Cruiser
Default How do you remove the nose cone on a road glide?

My head lights have stopped working again....This is the second time they have just stopped working. They have never done this untill my indy repainted my bike. Last time I took it to them they pulled the nose cone did something and presto. I'm sick of going back there. Can anyone give me some pointers on doing this my self. Thanks guys....

Old 11-04-2010 | 09:11 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain

Remove the six screws from the inner fairing, remove the turn signals, stand in front of the bike and pull up and out on the outer fairing. The outer fairing is actually resting on hooks which is why you have to pull up first then out.

Old 11-04-2010 | 09:15 PM
screws4156
Road Captain

Nose Cone??? You mead the outer fairing. Sounds like the connectors are loose. The the threads on removing the "outer fairing. You may be able to just remove the head light assy.and check for a loose connection. If you have never done it putting it back on is a BEAR.

Old 11-04-2010 | 09:31 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by screws4156
Nose Cone??? You mead the outer fairing. Sounds like the connectors are loose. The the threads on removing the "outer fairing. You may be able to just remove the head light assy.and check for a loose connection. If you have never done it putting it back on is a BEAR.
The first time is a PITA. I wish pissed on my first go round. But you're right, probably easier just to take the headlights out to check the connections. I personally don't know how to get to the green clips to release the lights though with the fairing still on.

Old 11-04-2010 | 10:59 PM
eds06roadglide
|
Cruiser

Holy ****!!!! What a pain in the ***!!!!!! Trying to get the fairing back on the hooks is killing me. Inner fairing is painted and really don't want to jack it up....Damn Damn Damn!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2010 | 11:03 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member

if u have another person it does make it easier this way u line it up and go in up and then down you will know when its on the hooks. but make sure your harness is not in the way cuz that will stop u from getting it on.

Old 11-04-2010 | 11:14 PM
eds06roadglide
|
Cruiser

I wish i had another hand.....I tried to get my 9 year old daughter. to give me a hand...UMMMM lets say that was POINT LESS. I think I gonna just bolt the lights back on and get the screws back in and and putt the 10 miles back to the shop tomorrow.....Just don't want to mess up my fresh paint.. Already have a small ding....Can't see it. It's under the wind shield. Think I quit while I'm ahead.

Old 11-04-2010 | 11:26 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

it is really easier than it appears. Leave the headlight bucket OUT and install the outer fairing. You can see through the bucket hole to line up the hooks and set the fairing in place. Make SURE the headlight wires are hanging out of the fairing when you install it. Plug in the headlights and pop the headlamp bucket in place. I can have my outer off and install it in less than 10 minutes, and I am no mechanic! I have a custom inner dash too and it is not as difficult as you may think.

Old 11-05-2010 | 01:11 AM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member

go to fixmyhog.com they have a video that explainsit. it`s not that hard to do

Old 11-05-2010 | 02:22 PM
wagger
Novice

My lights went out on me also...... it was my switch. Check it out also.

Quick Reply: How do you remove the nose cone on a road glide?