Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 ft tall and windshield

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:08 AM
frankiefire702
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 ft tall and windshield

Hey guys I know there's alot of posts about windshields but the more I search the more confused I get. I'm 6' 1" tall on a streetglide with a factory seat. Anyone around the same height What kind of shield are you running. I'm trying not to be the guy who has to buy four or five shields before finding the right one. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I'm 6'3" and a 10' Windvest recurve throws the air just over my helmet, you might get by with an 8"

Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

9 inch works for me.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
bstepHD
Advanced

Unfortunately I'm one of those who have tried several but the best I have found is the Klock Werks. I still have some buffeting at higher speeds but believe most of that is coming from underneath. I have the 6" in black and still retains the low sleek look of the stock 4" shield. I'm 6' tall and this has been the best for me.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:47 AM
frankiefire702
Road Master

Will the windshield bag fit with this shield?
Originally Posted by bstepHD
Unfortunately I'm one of those who have tried several but the best I have found is the Klock Werks. I still have some buffeting at higher speeds but believe most of that is coming from underneath. I have the 6" in black and still retains the low sleek look of the stock 4" shield. I'm 6' tall and this has been the best for me.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM
bstepHD
Advanced

That is the downside to the 6" Klock Werks. I had a T-Bags triple ws bag but I couldn't get it to fit and ended up contacting KW's customer service for a recommendation and got a single bag that they sell that works with it. However, the extreme angle of the windshield forces the bag back at an extreme angle too.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 6'3" and I too have tried alot. My last one was the Cee Baileys SSC 12" which looked cool but I still got alot of wind due to its shape. I just bought & installed a 9" with recurve from Freedom Shields and am happy with it. Very well made, thicker than any of the rest and you can use Rain X on it. If you order online you can enter the code vtwin and get 10% off and shipping is only $10.00.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOOK at these shields they are at least a new design?
http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html

and they may work? If you try it please tell me how they are?
Everyone has been using the same shields (LSR-Klocks_National X-STREAM- WAVE0, Ultra Curve- Recurve-Clearview- Cee Bailey-Windvest-and Harley Brand) there are a BUNCH more? But most have the same design and I can not understand how the same design in different brands would mean any thing? Design would mean the most, so try it and see how they work? It is a LONG LIST!

Old 11-04-2010, 04:54 PM
seph10
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 6'1" tall,,and 8" windshield works great,,,I get a little more wind in the face than the stock shield,,but that sucker was over my head,,,and didn't look near as cool...there is a discusion on these form's somewhere that talks about how to cut down your stock shield, you might be interested in going that way...

Old 11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
frankiefire702
Road Master

I have to be honest I don't like the way those look at all. I'm gonna try an 8" freedom shield for now. Thanks guys.
Originally Posted by legendzzz
LOOK at these shields they are at least a new design?
http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html

and they may work? If you try it please tell me how they are?
Everyone has been using the same shields (LSR-Klocks_National X-STREAM- WAVE0, Ultra Curve- Recurve-Clearview- Cee Bailey-Windvest-and Harley Brand) there are a BUNCH more? But most have the same design and I can not understand how the same design in different brands would mean any thing? Design would mean the most, so try it and see how they work? It is a LONG LIST!

Quick Reply: 6 ft tall and windshield