Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement windshied review

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:03 AM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement windshied review

The stock windshield on my RKC cracked (don't know why). I wasn't disappointed as it gave me a chance to resolve a long standing problem for me. At 5'10" tall and a Sundowner seat, my line of site fell right on the top of the WS. This caused me to ride with my head tilted backwards so I could see over the WS. After installing a shorter WS I have discovered that the pain in my upper back/lower neck is gone, a side benefit I wasn't expecting. I choose a WS from Clearview Windshields. They will make a WS of any length you want. If you order a standard size (there are several) and you don't like it, they will give you a full refund less shipping. Written instructions come with the WS for temporary installation so you can take a test drive to be sure you like it. I was going to order one 18" tall but the tech at Clearview suggested a 17" with a "recurve". The recurve adds a slight curvature at the top of the WS that makes it act like a taller WS. This thing works. Raising my hand upward between my face and windshield as I drove along, I found the wind to be hitting off my hand about 4" above the top of WS and by the time airflow reached my head, the wind was at very top edge of my helmet. No buffeting. I ordered the silver tint (very light smoke). It looks great and there is absolutely no distortion. I didn't take a measurement but I am pretty sure the Clearview is close to 50% thicker than the Harley WS. Cost with tinting was around $155, $135 without tint. You can add a vent for another $45. They do get you on the S&H. Regardless, this is a great looking , VERY functional WS. Hope this helps someone.
Gary

Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 AM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacement windshied review

Sorry, I forgot to add that you must use your existing hardware.
Gary