Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 PM
spiker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lyndall brake pads

I'm need new brakes in my Road King,anyone use Lyndall?Do you like them?Do they last longer? Thanks

Old 11-03-2010, 06:52 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have 25K miles on my Lyndall Z+. Both front and rear have at least another 25K left on them.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had Lyndall Z pads on my last 2 bikes. I would go with their Gold pads next time. The Gold as I understand are a little more aggressive but do not last as long as the Z's. I have 20k on my Z's and there is still plenty left.

They seem to wear as well as HD with less brake dust. They did have a noise problem with the new Brembo brakes but they changed the design and now they work fine. They sent me a replacement set with no questions asked.

I would recommend buying direct or you might get the old stock that had the noise problem. Or a least verify with the re-seller that it is the latest version.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

I have used the z plus pads on my last two bikes and loved them. Lasted long and made the wheels easier to clean due to less brake dust. Braking power seemed a little better than the stock pads on my bikes. We sell those brake pads here for the baggers for $41 a set if you are interested.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:36 PM
spiker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks

Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I used the gold pads on a Low Rider and they definitely grabbed better than the stock.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:39 PM
phantomxrt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Can You Tell the Difference???

Originally Posted by tpmurray
I have had Lyndall Z pads on my last 2 bikes. I would go with their Gold pads next time. The Gold as I understand are a little more aggressive but do not last as long as the Z's. I have 20k on my Z's and there is still plenty left.

They seem to wear as well as HD with less brake dust. They did have a noise problem with the new Brembo brakes but they changed the design and now they work fine. They sent me a replacement set with no questions asked.

I would recommend buying direct or you might get the old stock that had the noise problem. Or a least verify with the re-seller that it is the latest version.
Any idea how I might differentiate between the superseded version and the new & improved version?

I have a set of Lyndall Golds on order from an Australian distributor (I'm in Sydney) and I wouldn't have a clue what the difference is between the older and the newer pads...

Thanks in advance

Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomxrt
Any idea how I might differentiate between the superseded version and the new & improved version?

I have a set of Lyndall Golds on order from an Australian distributor (I'm in Sydney) and I wouldn't have a clue what the difference is between the older and the newer pads...

Thanks in advance
I don't know for sure but I don't think the Gold pads had this issue, just the Z pads. I should also say that this was in 2008 so its unlikely that there is much of the old stock around. The change, as I recall was a deep cut made in the center of the pads to reduce harmonics.

The company sent me a complete new set of pads. The owner called me a few weeks later to make sure I was satisfied with the new ones.

A good way for you to check is to compare the manufacturer part number of the ones you ordered against the part number on their website.

Last edited by Potato_Potato; 11-03-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:17 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Lydal Z pads are great got mine from Phil at Hog Pro when I got my wheelshave 30k on them and there is at least 25k left on them. The first ones did not have grooves in them some complained about rainy conditions with them. Since been fixed a couple years ago all good only brakes I will be buying. I did a set of brakes for my buddy for a set so I have just setting in the garage when ever I neeed em.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:29 PM
harleyflhrs
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default awesome pads

ya great stopping power, last me 35000 k. the lyndall product are well priced and put them on and go for it.

Quick Reply: Lyndall brake pads