Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S100 Cycle Care Products

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010 | 03:35 PM
Navy UC Rider
|
Road Captain
Default S100 Cycle Care Products

I have been doing some reading on bike cleaning products. I have read a lot of great reviews on S100 products. Are these products that good? I am leery of a product that says spray on and wash off. I will be doing the whole wrinkle black thing to my engine, one of their products says that it keeps the wrinkle black looking great. How does it seem to work? Last thing, I have heard that some of the S100 products are really bad if not rinsed thoroughly. Has anyone seen any bad corrosion from these products? Thanks in advance.

Cale

Old 11-03-2010 | 04:07 PM
BladeRun
Tourer

I use both the S100 spray wash and the engine black finish product. Both work as advertised. The cleaner wont get rid of heavy gunk but for a quick wash and spray it really does a good job. I do rinse it thoroughly, it seems to leave a 'film' that I can feel if i dont rinse it off enough.

The engine brightner also works. Definately noticeable the first time I used it.

Old 11-03-2010 | 04:13 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

The S100 "total cycle cleaner" is great for the whole bike, if it's just mildly dirty as said before. But it does wonders on the engine. It looks brand new with just a spray on, set for a few, and rinse. I spray it all over the bike and it works good on the spoke rims too. Just don't let it set on the bike and try not to use it in the sun or on a warm day..... It dries fast! I use it along with a wash mitt and soap/water.

Old 11-03-2010 | 04:16 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

You have to be carefull with the S100 bike wash. It is somewhat "caustic" and will stain/corrode the bare aluminum on the cyclinder heads. It works fine on the chrome, paint, and even the crinkle black on the motor. But it will stain/corrode bare aluminum. Like BladeRun said... it will leave a film if you do not rinse it off "completely", which can be difficult. I quit using it after I noticed it was staining the bare aluminum. I spray the bike with simple green now ...let that set-in for a moment then blast with a hose to get the heavy dirt off. Then I hand wash with Meguires car soap to get off all the the rest. The 50/50 water/peroxide mix is the "cats ***" for getting the bugs off the front of the bike. Follow it all up with a coat of Meguires NXT wax a couple times a season. Smooooth!

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 11-03-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2010 | 04:17 PM
Navy UC Rider
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JonnyD
...I spray it all over the bike soap/water....
How about the plastic parts? Does it fog up the windshield if you get it on there?

Old 11-03-2010 | 04:19 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Just don't leave it on the paint too long - bitch to get the streaks buffed off. They've also got a good protectant for long-term storage (anti-corrosion).

Old 11-03-2010 | 04:25 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
How about the plastic parts? Does it fog up the windshield if you get it on there?
No, it wont hurt the windsheild. But like the others are saying... you cant leave it on long. Dont let it dry on the bike anywhere. Personally, I find it is safer, easier, and less expensive to use a spray bottle of 50/50 Simple Green/Water. I get the same results with less hassle ensuring the S100 is completely washed off.... that stuff will leave a film.

Old 11-03-2010 | 04:31 PM
Navy UC Rider
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
No, it wont hurt the windsheild. But like the others are saying... you cant leave it on long. Dont let it dry on the bike anywhere. Personally, I find it is safer, easier, and less expensive to use a spray bottle of 50/50 Simple Green/Water. I get the same results with less hassle ensuring the S100 is completely washed off.... that stuff will leave a film.
Thanks for the Simple Green dilution info. I usually use it after an oil change to clean up the mess up front. I will give it a shot next time.

Old 11-03-2010 | 04:36 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
Like I said, I use it in the shade,on cool days, or in the morning. I have a black bike and have never had any issues. I get the most bang for the buck on the engine and wheels, the rest is just for added soap-age

Old 11-03-2010 | 11:31 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I use S100 as a pre-wash. The instructions say not to let it dry on the bike, so if you have the hose ready there shouldn't be a problem.

Quick Reply: S100 Cycle Care Products