Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S100 Cycle Care Products

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011 | 06:42 AM
bikehe
Tourer

I bought the s100 bike kit and it wasnt cheap. Used it a few times and thought what was all the hype about. The bike wash works no better than my kitten wash and wax. After I blow the bike dry and give it a chamy I use Mr Sheen, best kept secret for bikes. Once every few months I give the bike a going over after washing with some carnuba wax. For long term storage I use inox on the chrome and metal parts with no problems. I also dont like to wash my bike without rinsing it first as it gets rid of most particles that could cause scratches. I figure if you are going to use that waterless bike cleaner I'd try using Mr Sheen instead as it foams up and should lift some of the crap off your bike so when you wipe it over it will help to reduce scratching, the theory sounds good anyway. One thing I will say though is that the S100 engine brightener works good but I havnt tried WD40 or a silicone spray to see if thats works as good. Will try that next time I wash the bike

Last edited by bikehe; 04-28-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-28-2011 | 06:58 AM
Navy UC Rider
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bikehe
...One thing I will say though is that the S100 engine brightener works good but I havnt tried WD40 or a silicone spray to see if thats works as good. Will try that next time I wash the bike
I have not heard of using WD-40 to clean the engine. Where have you read about this?

Thanks

Last edited by Navy UC Rider; 04-28-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-28-2011 | 07:26 AM
bikehe
Tourer

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
I have not heard of using WD-40 to clean the engine. Where have you read about this?

Thanks
Havnt read it anywhere but thought I'll try it, but I think a silicone spray may be better as it should have a higher working temp. I do my engine with inox sparingly and when you start the bike up it will smoke slightly on the pipes, heads but after 5 minutes all is good and never had an issue. Just check there are no petroleum distillates in the spray that you decide to use as it may become flammable and possibly perish the insulation on your wiring over time.

Old 04-28-2011 | 08:51 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

I have used the S100 Spray Wax since 1999 on both of my bikes. Absolutely 100% satisfied and will highly recommend. As far as the Wash product goes though I used it once and threw it away, never again. Leaves a film and streaks like a bitch.

Old 04-28-2011 | 09:29 AM
Stash905
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
You have to be carefull with the S100 bike wash. It is somewhat "caustic" and will stain/corrode the bare aluminum on the cyclinder heads. It works fine on the chrome, paint, and even the crinkle black on the motor. But it will stain/corrode bare aluminum. Like BladeRun said... it will leave a film if you do not rinse it off "completely", which can be difficult. I quit using it after I noticed it was staining the bare aluminum. I spray the bike with simple green now ...let that set-in for a moment then blast with a hose to get the heavy dirt off. Then I hand wash with Meguires car soap to get off all the the rest. The 50/50 water/peroxide mix is the "cats ***" for getting the bugs off the front of the bike. Follow it all up with a coat of Meguires NXT wax a couple times a season. Smooooth!
+1 on be careful. I swore to never use it again after it left white spots on black plastic parts. Never able to get the spots off.