Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S100 Cycle Care Products

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010 | 11:50 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Only used it twice but my friends swear by it.
I will continue to use it and see what happens.
I was told to always use it on a cold bike and rinse it right off.

Old 11-04-2010 | 12:08 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

S100 makes several products that I like and use. I do not however care for the S100 Total Cycle Cleaner. Like someone said it is caustic and great care has to be used to get it completely rinsed off. It is difficult to get it completely rinsed and leaves spots. I would think anything that strong is probably strips the wax too.

On a previous bike I had 2 muffler caps replaced due to corrosion under warranty on the low side of the bike. With the second one the service manager asked if I was using it and recommend against it. I can't say the S100 wash was responsible but being on the low side, the side water would drip down sure points to it.

I use a regular car wash soap by the gallon from Sam's Club. It has a gentle soap and a water softening component that helps prevent water spots. I prewash with 50-50 mix of peroxide and water. Under the frame and around the oil filter I will use diluted Simple Green and rinse well.

Old 11-04-2010 | 05:36 AM
harleyeglideman
Road Master

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
Thanks for the Simple Green dilution info. I usually use it after an oil change to clean up the mess up front. I will give it a shot next time.
Research this some more before taking action. Simple Green is a bad idea. Plenty of threads on it here. Try search feature.

Old 11-04-2010 | 06:46 AM
Farmerguy
Intermediate

I use S100 all the time with good results. Mixed it 50/50 with water. As said earlier always use it on a cool bike and rinse it off before it dries.

Old 11-04-2010 | 07:33 AM
one-up
Road Warrior

I've always found that soap and water works best. Follow that with a clean micro-fiber towel and it will be clean and it will look great. That way you don't have to worry about what the chemicals might be doing to your paint and chrome.

My $0.02

Old 11-04-2010 | 08:01 AM
Navy UC Rider
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by one-up
I've always found that soap and water works best. Follow that with a clean micro-fiber towel and it will be clean and it will look great. That way you don't have to worry about what the chemicals might be doing to your paint and chrome.

My $0.02

I currently use the Turtle Wax Ice car washing stuff. I will be running out soon, was just curious about this stuff. I guess I can go with the old saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Cale

Old 11-04-2010 | 08:07 AM
Navy UC Rider
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by harleyeglideman
Research this some more before taking action. Simple Green is a bad idea. Plenty of threads on it here. Try search feature.
Actually, the Simple Green idea is great, as long as you take the time to do some studying. As I said before, I use Simple Green after oil changes, but I use Simple Green® Motorsports Cleaner & Degreaser. They make a car washing solution that I might give a try, checkout Simple Green's web site.

Cale

Old 11-04-2010 | 08:09 AM
JoeTag
Road Captain

I use the S100 detail and it works great when the bike is dusty.

Old 11-04-2010 | 01:42 PM
andyp
Tourer

I have used S100 and now use Bike Brite,I can buy a gallon at local Hd dealer for $26 and it works as good if not better than S100.

Old 04-28-2011 | 02:11 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

I used S100 on my last bike. I always used it in shade and rinsed immediately. It etched my aluminum on engine. Not gonna use it on my new bike. Will use it on my beat up pickup.

Quick Reply: S100 Cycle Care Products