Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a group of local heroes

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010 | 05:15 PM
gurleylin
|
5th Gear
Thumbs up looking for a group of local heroes

This past Sunday, October 31, 2010, I made a serious mistake and took a twisty road too fast, hit the soft shoulder and wet pinestraw, and crashed my bike. Lucky for me I went low side and landed in a ditch filled with pine straw. I must have had an angel on my shoulder because other than a few bruises, I am ok. My Dyna landed beside me and got mired in the mud and water and there was no way me and my hubby were going to get her out by ourselves.

Well, a second angel was sitting on my other shoulder because right after the crash, four riders on big HD dressers came along, three guys and a gal. They all pitched in and helped me and the hubby get my bike out of the ditch. It was tough one. These poor folks got soaked to the knees and probably ruined their riding boots while they were helping me. I remembered to thank them but failed to get their names which I blame on getting my bell rung pretty hard. I want to thank them properly and buy them new boots to replace the ruined ones. It's the least I could do.

So if the folks who helped me out of a bad spot are reading this, please respond to this thread. Or if you know someone who told you a story about helping a dizzy chick out of the ditch this weekend in Virginia Beach on Indian River Road, please let them know about this post. I sure would like to hear from them.

Linda

Old 11-02-2010 | 05:21 PM
MCHOGG
Road Captain

I'm not one of the people that helped you, but I think your effort to find them is a commendable action, I hope you find them.

Old 11-02-2010 | 05:26 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

Can't help you but I admire your desire to seek them out and thank them again.

Whilst I understand your desire to compensate, all I can say is that, in my opinion, the gift of helping another biker is sufficient compensation and I would certainly want no more

Old 11-02-2010 | 05:28 PM
francodanco
Tourer

Very happy to hear you are ok, and has been said, props for trying to find those that helped you.
Good luck and be safe.

Old 11-02-2010 | 05:40 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Glad you are OK. Scarey thing taking a spill. Sounds like you have some great angels

Good luck finding them. Stopped and helped a guy push his ride on the interstate a few weeks back on I64 in Kentucky. He was outta gas. Asked if he had gas money when we got it off the interstate and it was all down hill to the gas station. He said I was the only person to stop and he had been pushing for 3 miles!!! Lucky him it was a Sporty. Well I left my gloves on his bike when I walked down to get back on mine!!! I had another set so just took of cause I didn't like my bike sitting there on the side of the interstate any longer then it needed and didn't want to go back... also my riding (ex) buddy kept going... long story there.

Old 11-02-2010 | 07:27 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow, glad you're ok.

Old 11-02-2010 | 07:40 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

So glad you are OK! Some of those ditches on Indian River Road are really steep and deep! If for some reason I hear of who they were, I will let you know. I usually manage to hear about MC accidents from all my"well meaning" VB family and friends....LOL!

Old 11-02-2010 | 07:41 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

I wouldn't worry about their riding boots,they'll clean up ok but if you find them to say thanks again and maybe bake 'em some cookies that would be cool

Old 11-02-2010 | 07:54 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member

I hope this human trait is never lost. Thank you for the attempt and hope it works out, but only for the fact of you and husband meeting new friends.

Old 11-02-2010 | 08:05 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

People are good...It's just the bad ones that get all the attention...Glad y'all are ok...

Quick Reply: looking for a group of local heroes