Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a group of local heroes

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010 | 08:49 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

that's a great story, i liked reading it. i'm glad you are okay. this is a fine example of when you do something to help someone out of a jam. it may not come back to you today, but i'm a firm believer that if you try to do the right thing, it will eventually come back to you. if it doesn't, then at least you get the satisfaction of knowing you did the right thing when someone needed help. i agree with notgrownup, the bad ones tend to stand out.

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:24 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Great story, great intentions.. If you find find them, send them a small gift or a gift certificate to have dinner someplace nice in the area.

But the guys are right.. they aren't going to want boots, or anything more than the thank-you you already gave them.

Missed Connections on CL might find someone that's heard the story locally and can point you to them. Just a thought.

Old 11-04-2010 | 09:43 PM
gurleylin
|
5th Gear
Default great advice

Originally Posted by Sublime1
Good Luck . . .

And also glad to hear you're ok.

Now get out there and get yourself a rider's edge course to get your confidence back.

The last thing you wanna do is be apprehensive next time it's a little damp outside.

It will go a long way toward getting your road legs back..

I am gonna take the advanced riding course through MSF. I was a little unnerved on the way home but now my feet are itchy and I am in rider withdrawal waiting on the new fender and lamp! Ohhh, the withdrawal is awful.

Old 11-04-2010 | 09:56 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain

Good story. Glad to hear that there are some good people out there willing to help out a fellow rider. I know that I always stop if I see a bike down or broke down on the side of the road. I think it makes you feel better to do something good to help someone out when needed. I'd probably feel guilty if I just rode on by and didn't offer help.
Don't worry about the boots. I know that I would be happy just knowing that you made it out alright. Mud washes off easy enough.

Old 11-05-2010 | 06:48 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Glad your ok and some good people came by to help. Be safe.

Old 11-05-2010 | 02:01 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member

Glad to hear that you were able to ride away that day. Its nice to know that there is some people in this world that will do things like that, thats what being a biker is all about. I wouldn't take your offer of new boots either, the only thing I would ask is to help the next person out someday. I remember when I first started riding, I was home on leave at the time and seen a person turning up a steep hill, it was a weird over 90 degree turn that was steep, I seen a guy on a BMW with a chit load of gear on it make the turn, he hesitated, his left foot went down and he didnt realize that the incline made the ground drop a bit, to make a long story short, I watched as he dropped his beemer, before I got to him, I musta seen 2 cars and some people walk and drive right by, so when I got close, I stopped the truck, had the wife and kids wait, they said what are u doin? I went and helped him pick his bike back up, he said thanks, I said no problem, I have a bike also. It kinda pissed me off that a few people just went on by without even offering to help, kinda sad. Anyway, the moral of this long short story is return the favor to someone else that needs it. The world would be a better place if more people would do this. Glad that you are ok. Stay safe and keep the shiney side up.