Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Windshield Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010 | 06:30 PM
stev394
Advanced
Default Windshiled

I'm 6' 1" on a sg and i have the klockwerks 8.25 in and it is perfect

Old 11-02-2010 | 06:36 PM
MadScot
Cruiser

Ditto on the HD Windsplitter

Old 11-02-2010 | 06:47 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

To the OP,

In case you aren't confused enough now, I'll go ahead and throw in my endorsement for Clearview windshields.

Top notch quality, excellent service and communication from the company. You can take delivery of a windshield, and try it out on your bike. Just leave the protective plastic coating on, and you can return it if you don't like it.

I liked them so much I have an 8 inch recurve for longer distance riding, and a 6.5 inch recurve for local jaunts.

Old 11-02-2010 | 08:26 PM
cvoultrahunter
Advanced

I had the stock one on my 2010 SG which was useless. Tried the HD 7" recurve which was a waste of $150. Finally went with the Klockwerks 8.5" dark smoked flare which really does the trick. I'm 5'-10" and it just about eliminated all the wind buffeting. I can actually hear the tunes when I want. It's definately a good place to start if you don't want to go to high. Just one man's opinion.........we all have one
Enjoy the new ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2010 | 08:44 PM
wheelsnkeels
Cruiser

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
My vote is for Freedom shield recurve. www.freedomshields.net $80.00 shipped comes in many heights and colors. 3/16 thick very nicely made.
+1 on the Freedom Shields American made High quality and thicker than the others optical quality and polished edges a real fine piece!

I'm 5'9" and run the Dark Smoke 7" no buffeting works great!!!

I have had the Clearview 8" and it performed well but was thinner and after a couple months split at the center mounting bolt.

Also had the klockwerks and buffeting was still an issue?

If you order from Freedom and do not remove the protection film you can mount and try it. If you decide you want a different size they will exchange it as long as the film is intact.
Nice feature if you are unsure of the size you want.

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide Windshield Suggestions-img_1286.jpg   Street Glide Windshield Suggestions-21-140-savage.jpg.jpg   Street Glide Windshield Suggestions-img_1294.jpg  
Old 11-02-2010 | 08:57 PM
990rtracer
Road Captain

Good to see a couple positive responses for the HD Windsplitter, I wear a full face helmet and the SG shield on my Ultra is not that bad but I am guessing the windsplitter would be perfect plus they definetley look the best IMHO, some of those just look to melted and fugley. Been waiting for a local dealer to have a 10 or 20% off day so I can go use my $200 worth of chrome cash.

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:53 AM
hawg08
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bertk
Clark's Custom Windshields, the last windshield you will ever purchase. I have the 7.5" dark tint flame wide mar resistant half moon and the 10" light tint wide mar resistant half moon. The extra width makes a big difference to the rider and passenger. I love them both. You can find more info in this thread.
+1 on the Clark's Custom Windshields.

Old 11-03-2010 | 10:13 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by crackitopen
Windvest 6" smoke colored with recurve.
+1 and love it

Old 11-03-2010 | 10:16 AM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Clearview will give you the results you are looking for if you order it in the correct height.
I have had them on three cycles and am 100% satisfied with all of them

Old 04-11-2011 | 11:30 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
Of the ~15 windshields (oh yes, it's true) I had on my FLHX, I'd have to suggest the LRS 9" ultra. The 10" had a better dynamic - If that's what's really important, go with the 10". The 9" while only a bit shorter has the "lower shoulders" (for lack of a better term) that makes it much more "style-friendly" to the bike. 8" same thing - On the under-10" models, the side curve is a bit more gentle on the way up. 10" and up, very "straight up" and then curved at the top.

Anyway --

The 10" X-Stream is also very nice if you don't mind the style. The big difference between the two would be that the X-Stream type shield gives you gentle, but rapid pulses of air (the "shake your glasses" stuff) while the "flip" type shield gives you slower, but more substantial pulses. Not like the medium-speed paint-shaker pulses from a stock-style shield or anything, but in the long run, I found a "flip" to just be more comfortable.
Of the ~15 shields that you tried, do you have any experience with the Clearview 8" re-curve?
I'm not looking for the ultimate in wind protection, just want to rid my Street Glide of the shaking glasses effect. Will this 8" Clearview help?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Street Glide Windshield Suggestions