Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD hook up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 06:48 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: IPOD hook up?

Just looked it up - 1/8 and 3.5mm are the same - I guess we're both right...

Old 01-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

What else can be plugged in and used thru the Aux jack? Head phones by any chance?

Old 01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No headphones, aux has NO output!

Old 01-23-2007, 08:52 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 for the ipod shuffle 1GB , for $79.00...No skip, I used velcro strap on the handlebar and the shuffle just clips on. It comes with itunes software or download itunes software free from website...I did'nt have to do anything...it found all my songs and converted to itunes by itself and it's now downloaded to the unit. The only diff is that I dont have a stock HD radio...but I use an aux input wire(with the headphone jack) that hooks up to the rear of my sony stereo.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's what I did for my Nano: https://www.hdforums.com/m_378041/tm.htm

Was just thinking though...... I like many of you have a Street Glide. We have fairing mounted mirrors for the most part.

This leaves 2 holes, one one each end of the handlebars where a standard mirror would be mounted.

You could probably scrounge up a broken or discarded mirror from a dealer and make a mount that will reach out over the handlebars in place of the mirror whereyou could mount an Ipod or GPS or other such device on an SG.

MaybeI might try this myself.

Whoever gets rich off this idea, just remember your good buddy Primo gave you the idea.

Primo

Old 01-23-2007, 09:46 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 AM
peleus
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this sucks. It seems that all of the music I have actually bought off of the i-Tunes store cannot be converted to MP3. In fact all of my music CD's I imported into i-Tunes cannot be burned to a MP3 or data CD format. Is there a way to change this or am I just stuck with compilations I import off of my CD's? Many thanks all!

Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Greg RK
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Hmmm....I use a homemade 1/8" 90 degree double plug (with NO cord) and if fits/works just fine....imagine that! IPOD Shuffle...240 songs. Plugs right into the aux port.

Holy Crap! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Where did you get the parts? How much to make one for me?

Old 01-24-2007, 03:39 AM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: peleus

Well this sucks. It seems that all of the music I have actually bought off of the i-Tunes store cannot be converted to MP3. In fact all of my music CD's I imported into i-Tunes cannot be burned to a MP3 or data CD format. Is there a way to change this or am I just stuck with compilations I import off of my CD's? Many thanks all!
the songs you by from Itunes are copy protected, there are ways around it. you can get software that will convert them but it costs. you can burn them as CD audio files to a cd using Itunes and then re-import them as mp3 like you would off of a regular cd. you will lose the track/title information and will have to enter it manually if you want it.

As for Ipod vs Harmon Kardon radio, I must be lucky because I have never had any problems with mine. I get about 8+ hours of music with mp3 cd, get title/artist info on the display and can control it with the stock controls

Old 01-24-2007, 04:37 AM
peleus
4th Gear

Yep, found Max and it is free and works well. I burned to an audio CD and ripped using Max. It even kept the song titles etc...

Many thanks for bringing this up!!! I had no idea my stereo would play MP3's and right now I'd much rather take the chances of a cd stolen off my bike than an i-pod/shuffle if I forget about it. I am also worried about the waterproofing if it rains and I am utilizing the input jack. I wonder if water would get into the unit.

It looks like the MP3 CD is the best way to go for me at the moment, plus I don't have to spend the $$ on the iPOD. My last iPOD lasted about 3 years and then became worthless because of the battery. However, it did spend about 1.5 in Afghanistan, so I guess it deserves credit.

Thanks again everyone! This forum is invaluable.

Quick Reply: IPOD hook up?