Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help deciding...Rinehart vs. Jackpot Touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Decided to go with the Rineharts today as I know it would have killed me to go with anything else since I know and love the Rinehart look and sound. Picked the up from Eastern Performance since they have them in stock...Fuel Moto said they did not and Eastern was slightly, although negligibly cheaper.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 PM
whitetruk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats!!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member

Originally Posted by whitetruk
congrats!!
Thanks WT, I can't wait for them to arrive! I'll have to get crafty and post a video somehow. I need to get a video riding down the road with them since I haven't seen anyone else with one but since I'm a solo rider, that might be a little tough without some sort of mounting contraption.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:19 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Did you get just the slip ons or the extreme true duals? I do love my extreme TD's but the chrome shields are not that great and you need gloves to check your oil and trans fluid when hot. If you just went with the slip ons your cat will kill some of the rumble of the rineharts JFYI. Enjoy, I think down the road i'll be looking at getting a new head pipe.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Did you get just the slip ons or the extreme true duals? I do love my extreme TD's but the chrome shields are not that great and you need gloves to check your oil and trans fluid when hot. If you just went with the slip ons your cat will kill some of the rumble of the rineharts JFYI. Enjoy, I think down the road i'll be looking at getting a new head pipe.
Just slip ons for now. Will most likely go with the fuel moto 2-1-2 headpipe at some point. I'll probably pickup the a/c and tuner next around Christmas time. It may be summertime before I drop money on a headpipe.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
Just slip ons for now. Will most likely go with the fuel moto 2-1-2 headpipe at some point. I'll probably pickup the a/c and tuner next around Christmas time. It may be summertime before I drop money on a headpipe.
Good choice, I found a good deal for the whole system and jumped on it. It's ok for now but i see a fuel moto 2-1-2 headpipe in my near future as well.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I know it was a tough decision but I am sure you will be happy. Nothing wrong with those Rinehart cannons.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Just when I thought I made up my mind...

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Ok I have heard the new 4" Rineharts in person on BigDaddyMike's bike. They sound really good. Nice deep thump with a good hollow pipe sound to them. I have the Jackpot Pro Touring. Bought them without hearing them. Figured I would take a chance. I love 'em. They have a very deep thump (a little deeper than the Rineharts) to them that has gotten a little deeper with miles. They are not overly loud either but they have a nice deep growl when you twist the wick. You can easily hear them but they aren't annoying. Keep in mind I am going by my particular set-up which still has the stock head pipe with catalyst. From all accounts they will get a little louder and even deeper with free flowing headers. I actually could deal with the sound the way they are now but I really wanna hear them talk with new headers. Oh and I know how you feel about the tapered design. I wasn't sure how I would feel about them but I have actually grown to really like them. And the end caps are just the icing on the cake. Here is a thread of mine on the Jackpot PT's with pics and video if you wanna take a look.

CLICKITY-CLICK

I gotta admit I was a little torn between the Rineharts and the JP's. In the end I chose the JP's because of the unique look, the radical end cap, and the assurance from Jamie that I would love the sound. Completely happy with my decision.
....Somebody throws up another sound clip and I get to thinkin again. Those pipes sound GREAT !! I presently have the Jackpots Dyno Tuned with the quiet baffle (not the newer version) I like em...But I can't help but think of different sounds and looks that I may like better. So I find myself going in two directions. Supertrapp SE with fishtails quiet with looks or Rush w/2" baffles for sound. Then i see these new Jackpot Pro Touring and I already know they are quality... megaphone could grow on me....end cap black matches my bike..sound is too cool. BUT (aint there always a butt) I haven't seen them on a RKClassic !! Even on Moto page they dont show it on a classic. More modern slyle I suppose. And they sound soooo good!!
SC
2009 FLHRC stock head,Jackpot slip-on, next step TFI n AC

Old 11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member

The pipes do sound awesome but I just wasn't sure enough about the megaphone style and I'm not going to risk 15% restocking plus shipping fees to find out. Megaphone is an older style and isn't really new and it makes me wonder why they chose that design to go to market with. I guess to be different.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
The pipes do sound awesome but I just wasn't sure enough about the megaphone style and I'm not going to risk 15% restocking plus shipping fees to find out. Megaphone is an older style and isn't really new and it makes me wonder why they chose that design to go to market with. I guess to be different.
You may want to give Samson a good look. We have very many different crossover exhaust available and they are not only fishtails. It may be worth your while to take a look.
Thank you,
JR

Quick Reply: Need help deciding...Rinehart vs. Jackpot Touring