Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "new" dual bulb halogen headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BCW567
Pelonz...mind sharing which brand of modulator your went with? Was it an easy install for electrical dummies like me?
Visipath .... http://www.headlightmodulator.com/ ... plug and play, un-plug the harness from the headlight and one end of the modulator plugs into the bulb and the other the harness

Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Russ LaRose
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High beam lower than low beam

Does anyone else have this problem with the dual beam halogen headlamp (67700032)?
The low beam gives very good wide and bright lighting for city driving. But when the more centrally focused high beam is switched on, the beam hits the road below the low beam and is practically useless for seeing far on down the road. There seems to be no way to adjust this that I can see. Any ideas?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ LaRose
Does anyone else have this problem with the dual beam halogen headlamp (67700032)?
The low beam gives very good wide and bright lighting for city driving. But when the more centrally focused high beam is switched on, the beam hits the road below the low beam and is practically useless for seeing far on down the road. There seems to be no way to adjust this that I can see. Any ideas?
Yup. No way to adjust that high beam. With an HID in the low beam, I only use the high beam to trigger my garage door opener.No need to use the useless high beam otherwise.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM
trispeed
Cruiser

mounted upside down? :-) Seriously, mine works great; try aiming the housing for the high beam and see where that puts your low beam. ?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like something is wrong... I love my dual beam halogen headlamp, I can see just as far with it as either of my cages. I did however swap out the bulbs to Hella Xenon H9's in the hi and low beam sockets.

Low beam is awesome with the H9 bulb. Hit the hi beam and it lights up everything way down the road. I live in deer country and I feel a lot better riding with this headlight.

If in fact it is aimed properly, maybe you have a defective reflector housing in the lamp. Just a thought.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snagged a dual beam at the dealership with about 500 miles on for 50 bucks from a guy that was upgrading to the LED headlight, was at the right place at the right time, headlight works great.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
NECaveman
Tourer

I installed the dual halogen kit PN 67700032 in my 2009 SG last June. The light is well worth the $175 plus tax. It is a big improvement over the single bulb. Both low and high beams project a good wide beam.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Russ LaRose
Novice

Well, I've tried all I can thing of- new bulbs, full range of beam elevation adjustments,-- no matter what, the light from the center focused high beam is always below the wide low beam. The relation of the two beams appears to be fixed and cast into the reflector housing or casting. My conclusion is that in this case at least, the reflector casting is defective. The bike, a 2011 HLFTK, which I bought used with the dual bulb headlight already there, is now out of waranty, and I suppose the headlight reflector is also out of warranty, but I'll take it to the local dealer and see if I can get some relief or adjustment.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Russ LaRose
Novice

Pardon my typos in the last email- I'm too accustomed to a spell checker and am not a good proof reader. The bike is a 2011 FLHTK not HLFTK.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I've tried all I can thing of- new bulbs, full range of beam elevation adjustments,-- no matter what, the light from the center focused high beam is always below the wide low beam. The relation of the two beams appears to be fixed and cast into the reflector housing or casting. My conclusion is that in this case at least, the reflector casting is defective. The bike, a 2011 HLFTK, which I bought used with the dual bulb headlight already there, is now out of waranty, and I suppose the headlight reflector is also out of warranty, but I'll take it to the local dealer and see if I can get some relief or adjustment.

I think you may have a defective reflector in your lamp housing. When I go to high beam the light range distance doubles or more down the road.

Everyone I know that has the dual beam loves it.

Changing to the H9 bulb in the low beam socket, along with the 893 (37.5v) bulbs in the passing lamps, the low beam light output is awesome.

Good luck, I hope you get it resolved.

Quick Reply: The "new" dual bulb halogen headlamp