Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade Nightster for a EG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:52 AM
inverse121
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

As far as I am concerned, that's the best year to get if you want an evo.
I live just up the road from you in Lugoff, its a little high on the price, but if you really want a bagger, its a good way to get in to one by trading your nightster.

If you can swing the money, you can do better on price in the Cola and Charlotte area.
Greensboro, NC and Raleigh, NC seem to produce cheap bikes, too.

As much as everyone here will hate to see me write this.
If you get the evo and want more power, you can slap a big inch Ultima in it for $3500 and run down guys that have big dollars in their twinkies and hunt squids for fun.

If you want a short tinted windshield, ride up to Lugoff when I get back in town and I will give you one that has never even been mounted. Thank you for your service.

Last edited by inverse121; 10-31-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:02 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, didn't realize the pic wasn't the bike. That motor will treat you right if the cam bearing has been changed to a torrington, check to see if the lifters were changed, a cam upgrade will give you more umph along with the right aircleaner and exhaust. Will they let you ride it? check for oil leak etc. Check it well.

The bike is easy to work on, except maybe the bars, pick a parts manual, and go to work, the fairing will be much easier to deal with a manual.
$6500 is a better price on what you discribed and at least it is a starting point.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:34 AM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks guys. Seems like the motor is a great motor and that I shouldnt be worried about.

Im going to start around $6500 and see If I can get more than I owe on my HD. Sure I can. Low miles, nightster,clean,great condition,etc.

It not being the dealers bike is better. Its a techs bike so he will want to take just about whatever. In Hawaii I found a techs bike on the floor and he dropped the price pretty good for me, but passed it up.

Ill ask these questions,and mention paint,scratches,dash,fender damage,etc. Offer $6500 and I should be ok.

Thanks Inverse, If I get the bike Ill PM you about that windshield.

Ill buy a new fender probably,sure I can find one some where. Than paint motor,replace some wires,bolts,etc. Paint dash,polish up forks etc. Could be a nice clean bike. It has a TON of potential.