Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you using the secure the saddlebag thingy, heads up!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpyrider
If you need to carry a gun, then carry it, I do, and I wouldn't ever want to be in a position where I left it in a car or a motorcycle where some piece of Sh*t criminal stole it to do harm to someone else down the line. Keep it on you or leave it home in a well secured safe, IMHO.

Easier to say then to do. Sometimes I get a call from a friend to go eat at a 51% place when I am too far from the house, or simply run into a place where its posted. There are too many variables here, but its irrelevant anyway, the topic is security of the saddlebags.

Regards,

Old 10-31-2010, 05:15 PM
grumpyrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TooEasy
Easier to say then to do. Sometimes I get a call from a friend to go eat at a 51% place when I am too far from the house, or simply run into a place where its posted. There are too many variables here, but its irrelevant anyway, the topic is security of the saddlebags.

Regards,
Totally understand, some things are inevitable, figured I would throw my two cents in as a reminder to the masses.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:12 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

My Dad used to say... "Locks only stop a honest man"

Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Thieves are usually going to to go for the quick and easy. If they can't get the bag off with a screwdriver as expected they will move on to a less secured bike. Also parking the bike in a lighted area where people are present helps deter theft.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
88racing
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for the heads up!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:14 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Good point! Right now the tool is inside my toolkit which is INSIDE the saddlebag! Maybe I should draw a map where the toolkit is located inside the saddlebag. LOL! After thinking about it a bit I am not sure Harley intended a SAFE locking system but more of just a secure locking system so lids dont fly off down the highway. Sure can be defeated awfully easy.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TooEasy
Easier to say then to do. Sometimes I get a call from a friend to go eat at a 51% place when I am too far from the house, or simply run into a place where its posted.
Here in Washington state, if you have a CCW, you're allowed to bring it into a restaurant, even if it serves liqour. If it's a 21 and up establishment, no guns. The laws vary so much from state to state, it's impossible to keep track.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM
TooEasy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hoethree
Good point! Right now the tool is inside my toolkit which is INSIDE the saddlebag! Maybe I should draw a map where the toolkit is located inside the saddlebag. LOL! After thinking about it a bit I am not sure Harley intended a SAFE locking system but more of just a secure locking system so lids dont fly off down the highway. Sure can be defeated awfully easy.
Lol, just give them the key. This post was for you, lol. If they break into the sadlebag and take your expensive camera its one thing, if they break into your saddlebag and take your expensive camera AND your expensive saddlebag, they added insult to injury, lol.
I think I have an idea how to defeat that screwdriver on the bracket, I am going to try it on my bike.

Regards,

Old 11-01-2010, 04:49 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great point grumpy rider..

Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
TooEasy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hoethree
Lol, just give them the key. This post was for you, lol. If they break into the sadlebag and take your expensive camera its one thing, if they break into your saddlebag and take your expensive camera AND your expensive saddlebag, they added insult to injury, lol.
I have an idea, I think I can defeat that screwdriver on the bracket, I am going to try it on my bike.

Regards,

Quick Reply: For those of you using the secure the saddlebag thingy, heads up!