Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alligator Bobs?? awesome seats but who has won???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alligator Bobs?? awesome seats but who has won???

I meant one, not won. It has been a long day!!!!!

Just saw a site Called Alligator Bobs custom seats. http://www.alligatorbob.com/ They are really sweet, but does anyone have one or can afford one, if you do have one, lets see it. I am seriuously considering pulling the trigger on recovering my seat with this guys work. It is truly one off and classic. If you do this type of work yourself let me know so I can take a look.

Last edited by Timmy B; 10-28-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone know what the price range is on his work? I too have been thinking about sending him my corbin for a recover.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Have seen his work on some seats at Daytona .. They are awesome, as far as price goes if you have to ask you can't afford it ..

Old 10-28-2010, 05:51 PM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking stuff. I'd like to see some of his work in person.
I've seen some this guys work in person. It's incredible.

http://www.highrollerscycleseats.com/

Old 10-28-2010, 06:16 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had him do a solo seat for me back in the late 90's. Black leather with alligator inlays in it. His work is top of the heap. I have never seen another custom seat that was as beautifully sewn and fitted as the one he did for me. He was very professional to work with and got the work done in the time frame he promised. I think back then I payed about $400, but that was in 1997 dollars. I can tell you that if I decide to ever do a custom seat again, it will go to Bob.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

he is way overpriced, friend of mine payed $800 to recover a small seat about 7 years looked like a kids pattern, not what he wanted and alligator slob didn't work with him at all... a way more reasonable price alternative with nicer customer service would be
http://www.woodstockcustomleather.com/

Last edited by leohd; 10-28-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:31 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

His shop is about two miles from my house. I've seen his work and it looks okay, but I don't know how he justifies his prices. I drive by his shop about three-four times a week and never see any cars there. I don't know how he stays in business unless he's doing a lot of mail-order or going to rally's.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 PM
MODCOBRA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called them a couple years ago......according to the 'girl' that answered the phone, he wont even look for less than 750.00.............no thanks....what a joke.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

I've met Alligator Bob out riding,seemed like a hell of a nice guy to me.Apparently several custom builders like his work.It's all about priorities,I'd rather pay top dollar for top notch work like his than wasting money on a lot of the dumb over priced crap I see stuck on some cycles from one end to the other.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Slash
I've met Alligator Bob out riding,seemed like a hell of a nice guy to me.Apparently several custom builders like his work.It's all about priorities,I'd rather pay top dollar for top notch work like his than wasting money on a lot of the dumb over priced crap I see stuck on some cycles from one end to the other.
I can't disagree with your point, but at the same time if I pay a lot for a seat I want it to be comfortable as well (ie: Mean City Cycles, Corbin, Mustang etc...), and not something that looks great but has my *** screaming after a hundred miles.

Quick Reply: Alligator Bobs?? awesome seats but who has won???