Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart TD Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 AM
GOSTAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart TD Questions

I have them and like them, but they pointed out one shortcoming in my bike. The front motor mount was flexing, and it allowed the rear pipe to vibrate loose. Soooo... if you do it, make sure your motor mounts are in good shape. Lots of SG's have bad front motor mounts, and there is a service bulletin from Harley regarding it. The fit and quality of the Rineharts are great, nice people, and a slight performance gain, (seat of the pants impression) and the sound is NICE! Whatever you choose, make sure to keep an eye on all the places where the pipes attach. Vibration and settling can occur, and you do not want anything to fall off.

Cheers,
G

Old 09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Cowboy49
Tourer

I have had both. No comparision T-REX RULES!!!
DI75; Having had both, how does the sound compare between Rineharts and T-Rex? I have not heard T-Rex's. Are they louder than Rineharts, deeper, sharper, ??? I know Rineharts and like the sound. Love the look of T-Rex

I am at the pipes crossroads right now, but I don't want too loud like the V&H I have now.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:46 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

T-Rex are much louder but sound awsome when ya crank the throttle....................

I have run alot of exhaust over the years, including Bubs-Pythons-Cycle Shack,V-H but nothing sounds like Hard Chrome..........I have a V-H ProPipe on my SG and a Kerker 2-1 on my FXWG
but would have no problem running Hard Chrome's.........just my 2cts//////////

nick@nite

Old 09-21-2006, 04:20 PM
cwilks
Banned

I have the new style and there's no issue with the front pipe......the rear passenger mount needs to be moved DOWN one notch to give you clearance.....the peg when folded up will be REALLY close but shouldn't hit if everything else is where it should be. It took longer to remove the old system then it did to install the new and they sound great, I get compliments on them wherever I go. The T-Rex's are WAAAAAY to loud for my taste. My.02