Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob to Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010 | 10:13 AM
JoeTag
|
Road Captain
Default Fat Bob to Street Glide

I am considering trading my '09 Fat Bob for a '11 Street Glide. I have seen on this forum a few Fat Bob owners moving up to the Street Glide. For those of you that have ridden both bikes how does it compare? Is it a nicer ride? How is the handling? I had the opportunity to briefly test drive one and it seemed great. Thanks.

Old 10-26-2010 | 10:24 AM
dougk33
Cruiser

I didn't trade my 09 Fat Bob for a street glide but for the Road Glide Ultra and the ride is night and day. Love how stable it is I am sure the Street Gkide would be a difference for the better as well. Don't get me wrong I loved the Bob and hated to trade her in but with riding 2-up 90% of the time it was the right thing to do. Hope this helps some.

Old 10-26-2010 | 10:37 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member

I haven't ridden a Fat Bob, but I do have a Fat Boy and a SG. Hands down the ride and handling is far better on the Glide. I do like having both bikes, but if only one could stay, it would be the Street Glide. I think you will be glad you traded.

Shakey

Last edited by Shakeydeal; 10-26-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: content
Old 10-26-2010 | 10:41 AM
Sublime1
Cruiser

traded up from fatboy...

I could ride that damn thing like it was on rails... Low, mean, heavy and low center of gravity, literally shred the sidewalls off of tires..

The 2010 GLide I just bought it every bit as nimble as it needs to be. You're not going to toss it around in the twistys like you do the Bob, but it is a very capable bike for go-fast hang-on's . . .

I honestly don't think I'll ever own another bike...I just cant find anything I DONT like about my Street Glide..

<oh, except it doesn't wash itself...<

Old 10-26-2010 | 12:16 PM
JoeTag
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sublime1
traded up from fatboy...

I could ride that damn thing like it was on rails... Low, mean, heavy and low center of gravity, literally shred the sidewalls off of tires..

The 2010 GLide I just bought it every bit as nimble as it needs to be. You're not going to toss it around in the twistys like you do the Bob, but it is a very capable bike for go-fast hang-on's . . .

I honestly don't think I'll ever own another bike...I just cant find anything I DONT like about my Street Glide..

<oh, except it doesn't wash itself...<
LOL, I would pay extra for a street glide that washes itself.

Old 10-26-2010 | 12:23 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

I had my Street Glide at the dealer for some warranty work last summer. While I was there they let me take out a fat bob for a couple hours. After riding the SG that bob sure seemed tiny. It was fun to tool around on, but I would not give up my glide for it. Thats the nice thing about a Street Glide...you can tour on it, but also it's ideal for jumping on it and cruising around town

Old 10-26-2010 | 12:30 PM
sanlyn
Road Master

Traded the Fat Bob for a 2010 Road Glide. Thought I would miss the Bob more, but the more I more I ride the Glide, the better I like it. It's a lot easier to work on too. I remember my smart siren II install on the Bob was like building a ship in a bottle ... the Glide was about a 5 minute install.

Old 10-26-2010 | 04:36 PM
JoeTag
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
I had my Street Glide at the dealer for some warranty work last summer. While I was there they let me take out a fat bob for a couple hours. After riding the SG that bob sure seemed tiny. It was fun to tool around on, but I would not give up my glide for it. Thats the nice thing about a Street Glide...you can tour on it, but also it's ideal for jumping on it and cruising around town
That is exactly what draws me to the glide. Thanks

Old 10-26-2010 | 07:38 PM
speedybrother
Advanced

Mate, I went from a Fatbob to a 2011 Road King and must say I am loving it. The RK is much the same as a FLHX except for a little more rear suspension and the ability to take off the windshield. I rented a Street Glide earllier this year whilst in the US and that was the bike that convinced me to abandon the Dyna and enter the Touring range of motor cycles. Got to say I liked having tunes on board and the batwing fairing is also very cool (except my wife reckons it looks like a BMW.....it's a girl thing).

Enjoy the change
Speedybrother
Sydney Australia

Old 10-26-2010 | 08:17 PM
w3ng1
Cruiser

Traded a Fatbob for the Street Glide,enjoying the ride,bags,cruise,radio. And after a couple hours riding I feel more comfortable than on the Fatbob. For a big machine it handles very well.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob to Street Glide