Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vivid Black Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Blackheat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Mother's wax and showtime detailing spray. I also use 3m hand glaze

Attached Thumbnails Vivid Black Owners-bike-10-16-2010.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 06:34 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

I use Meguiar's Scratch X to remove the swirls, and then I use whatever wax I have in the garage. Usually good quality, but to tell you the truth, I can't tell the difference and the bike is dirty again before I get 2 blocks.
Too much hype.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I really wanted to like the Tech Wax. Bought some a few years ago. Had a great deep gloss shine and smooth as glass feel. But after a few washings the shine faded and the paint was back to feeling not so smooth. That is why I continue to use Zaino. I detail it twice a year with a few quick coats in between and it always has a deep shine and smooth feel.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
18BKLR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
I really wanted to like the Tech Wax. Bought some a few years ago. Had a great deep gloss shine and smooth as glass feel. But after a few washings the shine faded and the paint was back to feeling not so smooth. That is why I continue to use Zaino. I detail it twice a year with a few quick coats in between and it always has a deep shine and smooth feel.
What are you using to wash with? I used to use just dish soap till I switched to the Tech Wax and then I switched to regular turtle wax car soap. Some of the other soaps are really hard on the wax and will wash them right off. The father in law builds hot rods and loves the Tech Wax for his darker colors. He just suggested using a different soap after I told him about the wash off. Try it, might help a little.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Black Denim........................ I don't have to use no stinking wax!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll keep using Lemon Pledge. It's easy, shines good, and smells good.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

All I've had is black bikes,I don't buy into any of the SuperWax theories....
Every so often I hit the paint and chrome with Maguire's Scratch X to take out the flaws etc. that naturally happen to bikes on the road.Other then that after debugging the Batwing after rides with plain water.... I use some 7 bucks a can spray cleaner/polish on the fairing including the windshield and anywhere else on the bike that needs a shot...

The spray stuff I use even works better on the windshield than the Novus products Clearview recomends.

I asked a guy who detailed my bike after I had some work done on it how the hell he got it looking so good....he showed me a can of this:

http://www.originalbikespirits.com/p...s.aspx?pid=667

Last edited by Slash; 10-25-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: typo's
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I've used allot of "product" over the years on show cars and trucks. Started using Maguires NXT on my Hayabusa when it first came out, and now my Street Glide. It's definitely the best "automotive product" I've tried. My Vivid Black Street Glide looks as good if not better than the day it came off the showroom (no swirls!) after a 6000 miles worth of Alaska riding. Thats saying quite a bit. Have not tried the "Pledge" yet... just seems wrong! Although I am intrigued.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As embarrased as I am to admit it, I used a Honda product I picked up at a local power-shop. I went into buy a can of Plexus & found this Honda product....Cleaner\polish. Seems to work pretty well. I'll see how the longevity of this product lasts but the cleaning & polishing of this stuff works great! Btw, $7 a can.

Quick Reply: Vivid Black Owners