Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sears Yellow/Red Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of the aluminum Red sears jacks...love it.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:34 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the "Yellow Jack". Works great.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:17 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i've been using the aluminum/yellow craftsman jack for the past few years without any problems. it's made well and it's performed just fine for me.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:23 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the cheap red one. It sits outside, and when I need it I drag it over and lift my bike. Works perfectly fine. I have had the wheels off, engine work, cleaning, etc. No problems.
Pretty much, it is the indian, not the arrow.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:51 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by SloChicken
I have the cheap red one. It sits outside, and when I need it I drag it over and lift my bike. Works perfectly fine. I have had the wheels off, engine work, cleaning, etc. No problems.
Pretty much, it is the indian, not the arrow.
Ha....Unless you have a crooked arrow......o~`o............

Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Used a Sears red for 10 years and never had a problem. (did let my new RKC slip off as letting it down once but that was me not setting it on right, not the jacks fault )

Bought a J&S 2 years ago as a "gift" to myself and love it. While I have done heavy pulling and bolt torqueing on both I do think the J&S is a better built, more stable jack.

Do I like the J&S better? Yes Did the red work well for years and get donated to the son-in-law; still in service on a heavy bike? Yes

Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,495 Likes on 2,680 Posts

Originally Posted by Bombarde32
1/2 say SEARS is fine. 1/2 say it's crap :P
Yep, and the 1/2 that say its fine never have used another jack. The 1/2 that say its crap have.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:05 AM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my J&S jack about a month ago and I am very happy that i spent the extra money on a premium product. Look you spend a crap load for a bike and skimp on the jack? I would recommend also get the handle, great for pulling the bike around the garage when it needs to be moved for better lighting as i shine the s**t out of it.

speaking of shining.... I can't begin to explain how much easier my life has become for cleaning now compared to not having the jack....it's a must have!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since 1994 I've owned all sizes of Harley's from Sportsters to Ultra's Also have owned and used Jacks like Larine, Sears Red and Yellow, J&S, Pit Bull and a Harbor Frieght.

Ive only used the Jacks for general maintenance and storage but can tell ya the Pit Bull was superior for me on the stability whereas the Lorine (sold at tractor supply) was the poorest excuse I ever used for a jack.

Back and forth on different bikes and jacks throughout the years has always bought me back to the Craftsman Red Jack... Not because it's the best but because I feel it the best value for the dollar! Furthermore, if you just need to lift the bike for occassional maintenance work, cleaning, and or storage then why buy the house when an umbrella will do?!

The argument between the Sears Craftsman Red vs the Yellow is: wieght, low profile and looks however, the hydraulic pump on the Yellow jack is "specific to the jack itself" meaning it's non-exchangeable. Also the Yellow jack's construction lends to more wobble then the red jack.

All said and done... Yes the pit bull and J&S are superb motorcycle jacks and are made for the daily wrenchers but for me are somewhat overkill for my needs.... so check your needs, check your wallet, double check your piece of mind then make your selection! Be it hot dogs or steak.... it all turns to shi... well you get the idea.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:36 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

I have been using a "Red" jack for 8 years.Never had any problems with it.
Now that I have a 2011 Limited,it does seem to wobble more than when I had my '06 Road Glide.

Quick Reply: Sears Yellow/Red Jacks