Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I put a “BrightAssLight” on my 2010 Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
OlDusty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I put a “BrightAssLight” on my 2010 Street Glide?

I’m a greenhorn when it comes to riding, it’s been 28 years since I’ve had a bike. So when I bought my 2010 Street Glide I had my wife follow me in our car the first two rides with her finger ready to speed dial 911. Anyway a little shaky but I did OK. My wife however said there was something wrong with my brake lights, the one at the bas of the fender didn’t even work and the turn signals didn’t light up very bright. Come to find out the lighting on the back of the 2010 SG just isn’t very good. So after driving behind a guy with a BrightAssLight I decided that is what I want.

But a trip to my dealer and I learn that there is no BrightAssLight for the newer SGs. He said however that the guys in the back were really wanting to mod someone’s fender to put one on. It’s going to cost a bit, total just under $400 for labor, BrightAssLight, Base, and some new wiring stuff. I kind of hate to lose the look of that Bare *** Fender, but I’ve been slammed from behind twice in a car. The last time I was in a small Geo Tracker and nailed at a stop light by a ¾ ton pickup truck that never touched his break peddle. I now drive an Escalade and I take my brake lights pretty seriously.

Anyway before I give them the go ahead to do the mod, I thought I’d ask you guy’s what you think of this?

I think I’m also going to have them install the new LED Headlight at the same time. So I end up dropping about a grand on two lights, but I think they’ll make me feel just a bit safer on the road. The bike is already at the dealer for its 1000 mile fluids, so I think now is the time to just get it done.

Also does any one know if BrightAssLight has a light for the base fender in the works? It seems to me that with all the SGs out there they would be getting something made for this market.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:14 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

I've been contemplating the BrightAss myself. The better LED headlights are a bit steep, so I got a brighter bulb instead for now.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:24 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just get yourself some Radianz led replacements and a load equalizer from Badlands. I've got them on my bike and they are A LOT BRIGHTER! I had similar comments with the stock lights and after the replacements I was told they are much easier to see and can be seen easily in sun or dark.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

BAL3 . . . worth every penny!

Pictures don't do it justice. All my riding buddies say it can't be missed. That's the idea.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

No complaints here with the Brightasslight think it was worth every penny, one complaint I have is from some of the guys that ride behind me they say thats one bright *** tail light. You can program it to be less bright or not flash and I've toned it down on some group rides.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

The BAL is nice.

Also consider LED turn signals and a run/brake/turn controller. I just got the whole setup from Custom Dynamics, and it makes a huge difference. Their LED headlight is half the price of the Harley one too.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts
Thumbs up

Bright *** Lights are the best. I have them on my fatty and will put them on my UC. You can change the pattern using a magnet that comes with the kit. You can see them for miles they are so bright they almost hurt your eyes. Install in minutes.

I highly recommend.

Gitarded gives them 2 thumbs up.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:18 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the first things I did after picking up my FLHTC was to have my BAL re-lensed (didn't even know they did that at the time - was about to just order the right one for the new bike).

Put it on right after it arrived.

It's freakishly bright and when you set it to "flicker-steady" or whatever it is (where it flickers for a half-second and then stays on steady) at DOT+10, well, I've had tailgaters lock their hooks when I tap the brake lever a couple times.

Easily the best $$$ I've ever put on a bike. And at nearly 45 seconds to install, the easiest mod you'll do, save maybe a gremlin bell...

It's a wonderful and blinding accessory.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:29 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will not buy a new bike because of the tail lights. I have a BAL on my 08.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All of the above BAL R3, i would recommend it to my friends

Quick Reply: Should I put a “BrightAssLight” on my 2010 Street Glide?