Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I put a “BrightAssLight” on my 2010 Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:53 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
The new Street Glide taillights suck IMO. Combo brake and blinker light set-up. Sure it's cleaner on the rear fender but much less light.

Am I right that the Canadian Street Glides have a traditional center taillight?
I have rode with groups and evrybody agrees at night the 2010 and up street and road glide light are more noticable plus its cleaner...I'll trade a 09 fender and light set up for a 10 or 11 fender and lights..I prefer the cleeeean look

Last edited by leohd; 10-22-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:37 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

when harley got rid of the real taillight and now depends on those tiny turn signals to suffice, i think they made a big mistake. safety should be far more important than a smooth looking fender, to me anyway. i have the b.a.l. on my 08 streetglide and i have it programmed for the brightest taillight mode as well as the brightest and flashing brake light. it sure gets the attention of the 22 year olds who are behind you at the intersection. whatever it takes for you to be seen is a huge benefit. the new harleys seem to be lacking something, and that's a real taillight. this is only my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:21 PM
OlDusty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank guys! I've made the decision and the mod is under way. I'll update when I have more info.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:02 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

First thing I did to my RGU was put a BAL on it. I love it. I don't think you will be disappointed. I also shyed from the 10 SG and RG customs because of lack of lighting stock... glad I waited it out for my Ultra.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

which model would be a direct replacement for the stock light on a 09 road glide?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:14 PM
OlDusty
Cruiser

The Work is done and she is back home with one BrightAssLight custom installed on my 2010 Street Glide & a new LED Headlight. Service Dept at Halls Harley Davidson in SpringfieldIllinois did a fine job of cutting into my fender and installing a BAL that I was not supposed to be able to get. My Thanks to Mark, Jon, and Michael in the service dept and Mike and Kenney in the Parts dept. Excellent work as they went above and beyond to geterdone. Thanks again guys!

Last edited by OlDusty; 10-22-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OlDusty
The Work is done and she is back home with one BrightAssLight custom installed on my 2010 Street Glide & a new LED Headlight. Service Dept at Halls Harley Davidson in SpringfieldIllinois did a fine job of cutting into my fender and installing a BAL that I was not supposed to be able to get. My Thanks to Mark, Jon, and Michael in the service dept and Mike and Kenney in the Parts dept. Excellent work as they went above and beyond to geterdone. Thanks again guys!

Nice job! I think you made the right decision. Are the original lights still working as brake lights? If they aren't and are just turn signals, I would change the lens over to amber. It makes them more distinctive when signaling turns IMO. Great job otherwise.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:34 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is there a hole in the rear fender with a rubber plug in it? I noticed that on some of the new bikes at the dealer. WTF?

Old 10-23-2010, 12:52 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep, worth the price...

Old 10-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Coffeeman
Advanced

Added the BAL light last month and the Radianz turn signals and badlands module. Should have done it SOONER. Great cobo and great service from both. Installed on 09 ultra...

Quick Reply: Should I put a “BrightAssLight” on my 2010 Street Glide?