Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Gray Big Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the same Big Seat set up as you have ordered. It will put you back and down a bit from the stock seat. This summer I did just under 820 miles in a day, the second of two long days riding. Then my butt started to get sore.

When you get the seat, if there are no instructions, the black T-bar bolts to the two bolts poking up on your fender so the back of the DG fits over the bolt in the foot of the T.
If you use the passenger pillion and don't want to mar your fender, fold a cotton wash cloth under the pillion to protect it.
The Allen set screw in the backrest adjusts it's angle toward your back. The backrest is a little tricky to get in properly at first, it fits in farther forward that you think. Be sure it's solidly in there before pushing against it.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
RKC2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the seat! It looks great and the bike has a whole new set of lines. The riding position is great, I now sit in the bike, not on it (about 2" lower and 1" back). I like the feel, but it is going to take a little time to adjust to it. The profile isn't the only thing that changed, the way it rides has changed. I've been on top of the bike for over a year, now I'm in it like on a Softail. It feels and acts different when cornering. Don't get me wrong, I love it. My King has a different personality now and I have to get use to it.

No instructions, manifest or shipping documents came with the seat. I've tried to get some from DG and the Rep. that sold me the seat to no avail. My only concern was how to adjust the backrest. A couple of people have said that the screw in the back moves the backrest forward or backward, but this is not the case. The screw allows me to raise or lower the height of the backrest. I've found no way to move it forward or back. If I push is forward some and let it go it springs back to the same location. As for now, it's fine, just wish DG would include some instructions with the seat.

Anyway, I love the seat, (Looks and Feel) and recommend it to anyone thinking of going with this style of seat. I sat on a few Mustang seats and was not impressed. That is the reason I went with the DG and I'm glad I did. The Mustang seats don't compare in Looks or feel. Just my opinion.

When I get a chance I'll change my sig to how my King looks now.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

To adjust the angle of the backrest you need to remove it from the seat. There's a small Allen head screw below the hinge pointing up. This changes the angle of the back rest.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 AM
RKC2010
Cruiser

Thanks, but for now the angle seems to be perfect. For the money you spend on their seat you would think they could send some instructions.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:14 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RKC2010
Thanks, but for now the angle seems to be perfect. For the money you spend on their seat you would think they could send some instructions.
RKC2010

Been following the post and if you have any pics please post. Where did you get your seat from. I've been looking for one of those Big Seat's and can't figure out where to get one. I'd like to sit a little lower and back a bit as well.

Thanks

Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Check out the Danny Gray website,there is contact info on there.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:38 PM
KrustyKnuts
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dansflhti
Check out the Danny Gray website,there is contact info on there.
dansflhti, thanks for the info on the seat! Would you mind telling me what brand of windshield you have on your Ultra? I just bought a 2011 Ultra Limited and ordered the stuff for conversion but I forgot about the windshield. Your bike on photobucket looks great!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
RKC2010
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 10 RED RK
RKC2010

Been following the post and if you have any pics please post. Where did you get your seat from. I've been looking for one of those Big Seat's and can't figure out where to get one. I'd like to sit a little lower and back a bit as well.

Thanks

Sherry at Danny Gray gave me a contact to go thu. His name is Sterling. I'll have to look up his e-mail and number and PM it to you. You save money working with their venders. My seat retails for around 1K where I only paid 750 total.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 PM
RKC2010
Cruiser

I've already expressed how much I like the seat, but I said I would post after 100 miles to let you know what I think. The seat is awesome! I've gotten use to the ergonomics of the bike now and love how I sit in the bike. I friend sat on it an loved the height, and look but said it was hard. Where that may be true, with the gel and back support the seat gives you, I never notice it being hard, just comfortable. No other way to explain it, other than it's a great seat and well worth the investment. If you are even slightly considering a seat change, better yet if your not considering a seat change, you should and this seat should be on the top of your list. Two thumbs up to Danny Gray for making a great product!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:30 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the info and the follow-up - That seat will be my next purchase.

Quick Reply: Danny Gray Big Seat