Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single Click OR Double Click?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:33 AM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 194 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
I think if the ad at the top of the screen changes to another product you've got to double click to go back but I could be wrong.
That's usually the reason!

Also, thanks to painey for the hint about the backspace key. I never knew that one either!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:45 AM
nickeenoo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem (I am reasonably computer savvy) and found that if I was not logged in it took two clicks - not a double click - to go back. Once I logged in just a single click and I'm good to go. Still don't know the reason, but that was the solution.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With Google Chrome, one click, with Internet Explorer it always seemed to be two clicks, I hated that.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:31 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm using Firefox browser with Debian Linux OS for my computing.
Here's an article on how to map the backspace key to go back one page in Firefox (if it doesn't already).
I can use a single click on the back arrow though on my machine.

In Firefox in Windows operating system, when pressing the backspace key, the web page active in the window or tab will be going back one page, an action that similar to when the both Firefox and IE browser’s “Back” button, while Shift+Backspace will go forward. The backspace key is mapped to “Back” function in Firefox for Windows is for consistency with Internet Explorer.

On the other hand, Firefox in Linux by default does not map the backspace key to “Go Back” function to improve consistency with other applications running on Linux. Instead, the page will scroll up or down (when pressing Shift+Backspace key together).

The backspace as Back button feature can be easily turned on or off depending on user preference. Thus, Firefox for Windows users can disable the back function mapping to backspace key, and Firefox for Linux can enable the backspace to map to Back function easily, by using the following Firefox pref.

Type about:config in Firefox Location Box, and then confirm the warning message. Then locate the following preference name:

browser.backspace_action

Change the “browser.backspace_action” to one of the following values to reflect your intention on how the Backspace key should behaves:

0: Pressing [Backspace] will go back a page in the session history and [Shift]+[Backspace] will go forward. (Default in Windows)

1: Pressing [Backspace] will scroll up a page in the current document and [Shift]+[Backspace] will scroll down. Except Camino that does not implement any behavior for the value 1, which is unmapped. (Default in Linux builds before 2006-12-07)

Any other integer number: Any other integer value will simply unmap the backspace key. In Linux builds after 2006-12-07, the default is 2.

Mine was set at "2" , I changed it to "0" (zero).
Pretty cool.........
Mick

Old 10-22-2010, 05:35 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

have you considered going into mouse preferences and changing it there? it's easy to do, i've been a mac user for a few years and even with pc's you can change your mouse preferences to single or double click.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:40 AM
painey
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 115 Posts

Glad to be of help, its knowing the simple things that make life a bit easier.