Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Classic Rider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio problem, please help

I have a 08 ultra classic, the display on the radio went blank. everthing else works. moco says it needs to be refurbished. anyone have another idea?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:11 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Send it to Iron Cross Audio
From their site...........

Iron Cross Audio performs repairs of the Harley Davidson Advanced Audio System by Harman Kardon.

A $250 flat fee is charged for all units without physical damage or extensive liquid intrusion. We offer fast turnaround…usually no more than two days… and a 6 month warranty that can be extended to up to a year for an additional small fee.

The team at Iron Cross Audio has been repairing the Harley Davidson Harman Kardon unit since its inception. Collectively, as former techs for Harman Kardon, we have repaired thousands of units. Our experience ensures that we not only address and repair the issue that the unit was sent in for, but also perform all necessary updates and modifications. Beyond that, preventive maintenance actions in areas we know may be a problem in the future are preformed to insure the long and trouble free operation of the radio after the repair. We are so confident in our repairs and maintenance, that we are willing to back it with an industry leading
6 month warranty.

A WORD ABOUT LIQUID DAMAGE:

All efforts were made by the manufacturer to make the Harman Kardon radio as waterproof as possible. Despite everyone's best efforts, there are occasions when liquid or condensation does get into the unit. This situation can usually be addressed. There are, however, instances where the liquid damage is so severe that the unit cannot be repaird. If a unit is found to be beyond repair because of liquid damage, Iron Cross Audio will return the unit to you and waive all evaluation fees. You will simply pay the return shipping.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as has been posted here about a thousand times, that's a warranty issue.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharknose
His 08 could very well be out of warranty

Old 10-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Rustell
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
OP states he has an 08...
warrenty is expired..

Old 10-21-2010, 08:36 AM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Send it to Iron Cross......Great service, fast turnaround, very helpful on the phone as well.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

I once faded my display to complete blank. It explains how to increase the brightness in the owners manual. It probibly isn't whats wrong with yours but it only takes a second to try.
Jonnierock

Old 10-21-2010, 05:13 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine (also a 2008) has been doing that for awhile now but it always comes back after the engine is turned off and restarted. Last Monday, on my way back from Daytona, it went blank then had a bunch of zig-zag lines for a couple of minutes and then the display returned but upside down. The buttons worked the positions they would work in for a normal display.

I stopped for gas and the display came back normal then went upside down again. Everything was back to normal the next day.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Classic Rider
Intermediate

Thanks for your replies, but it looks like I am going to have to get it refurbished or replaced.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Brother Rick
1st Gear

You might find a great retro fit at Biketronics-- My radio went out on my EGC 2006 and I WILL be dealing with biketronics to replace.. http://www.biketronics.com/categorie...ZrKgod0nFo0w--

Quick Reply: radio problem, please help