Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7 fatalties in 30 days

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:15 AM
wtxriders
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 fatalties in 30 days

Lubbock Texas... We have had 7 rider fatalites in 30 days within the city limits. 6 harley riders and one crotch rocket. Our population is 219,000 and 33,000 students at Texas Tech University.

Been riding for 30 years and not easily shaken but Chit WTF is happening here. Heck I'm half scared to ride the 4 miles to get out of town now. Momma said she ain't getting on anymore.

Please pray for these families

Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wtxriders
Lubbock Texas... We have had 7 rider fatalites in 30 days within the city limits. 6 harley riders and one crotch rocket. Our population is 219,000 and 33,000 students at Texas Tech University.

Been riding for 30 years and not easily shaken but Chit WTF is happening here. Heck I'm half scared to ride the 4 miles to get out of town now. Momma said she ain't getting on anymore.

What's happening? Unfortunately the same thing that happens in automobiles. Let your guard down and bad things can happen. Even then it's a calculated risk. Sorry for these families losses.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 AM
thehueg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We lost the Director of Boston HOG this week when he went down in a single vehicle accident. His helmet came off at first impact and the subsequent head trauma was fatal.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:13 AM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

Seems here in NH every day or so I'm ready about motorcycle MVA's. Don't know if the rate is up or what. Fortunatly, most riders were only injured and not killed.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:27 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I came around a corner on the BRP last weekend and there was a SG (I think) laying in the road. Another full dresser was off the road and down in the woods. The left hander they were going around was not bad at all, don't know what caused it. Two couples were riding them. Police and ambulance had not arrived yet. They had to send someone to make the 911 call because there was no cell service, good reason to carry a Spot Satellite Messenger. They had no idea if anyone was on the way or not. luckily the help arrived about 10 minutes after we came upon them. 3 with minor road rash and bruises and one complaining of back and neck pain.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

predestination. you aint going til its your time and wont matter what your doin when that comes. IMO

Old 10-20-2010, 09:16 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by relli
predestination. you aint going til its your time and wont matter what your doin when that comes. IMO
So, you're saying we don't need to wear a helmet, buckle a seatbelt, use child safety seats, carry a gun, or ever go see a doctor because it doesn't matter?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by wtxriders

Wow, those are extremely high numbers, the loved ones are in our thoughts and prayers

Old 10-20-2010, 09:34 AM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe it's the cell phone/texting that has caused the raise in more MC accidents. They are watching out of their peripheral vision and bikes aren't as big as cars.
I watch them texting with both hands while driving with their elbows on the freeway at 70mph.
Flying thru stop lights because they where reading a text.

The only way to stop this is to disable those phone features if the phone is moving more then 5 mph.. I like my cell phone but don't want to kill someone while using it.

It used to be drunk drivers, not it's texter's ..

My own daughter is guilty, she was reading a text and reared a pickup sitting still in the middle of the road waiting to turn left. It totaled her car but the cell phone survived. It didn't scare her till I told her, " that could have been your dad on his MC and I wouldn't be here to take your phone away ".. That was when it finally soaked in how dangerous it was.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:35 AM
2002FLSTFBAGGER
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just think there are more bikers on the road than there was 10 or 20 years ago so therefore the statistics are higher. I agree with Relli however I would still be as carefull as can be not to expedite my expiration date, lol Milk last longer if kept refirgirated than if not. Sometimes past the due date sometimes before the due date if it's left outside in the sun...

Quick Reply: 7 fatalties in 30 days