Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7 fatalties in 30 days

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
broziff
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By no means do I mean this to be funny or anything my thoughts and prayers are with the familys involved as well. But I remember hearing about a terroist handbook on a radio talk show that descibed them running down pedestrians in trucks. This happening in Texas were the recent problems are wondering if those bastards are killing us on purpose.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can understand and feel the pain of the families and the riding community. I've only been to Lubbock once. I went there with my daughter to watch a Red Raider football game. It's a beautiful city, and I didn't notice any driving more dangerous than usual.

It would be interesting to see what happened to cause each collision. I won't call them accidents. There collisions and there's a cause. I want to learn from the cause and be a better and safer rider. But no matter what the cause, or what we learn, riding will never be safe.

Ride as safe as you can, but keep riding.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Milwaukee 1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleypsychRN
Here's my simple a** 2 cents. First, I'm very sorry for the families and their losses. May the good Lord be with them and comfort them. Second, if you're getting scared, perhaps it is time to pack it in my friend. Get a Volvo or something "safe" but otherwise if your this is in your blood get the loudest, most politically incorrect set of pipes you can buy and a big mothertrucker set of airhornes and put them on the side and let's go blasting down the road. I'm 58, think I'm 28 and to be honest I'd rather go out on I-90 headed back from Sturgis than looking out the window in some nursing home somewhere trying to remember when I used to ride. Do I have a death wish...heck no..but let's live like it's the only go round you will get ..because it is. Ride safe!
Nicely said!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Milwaukee 1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CEJohnson21
I can understand and feel the pain of the families and the riding community. I've only been to Lubbock once. I went there with my daughter to watch a Red Raider football game. It's a beautiful city, and I didn't notice any driving more dangerous than usual.

It would be interesting to see what happened to cause each collision. I won't call them accidents. There collisions and there's a cause. I want to learn from the cause and be a better and safer rider. But no matter what the cause, or what we learn, riding will never be safe.

Ride as safe as you can, but keep riding.
Hey I'm originally from Lubbock and lived there most of my life until last year and I think you're the first out of towner I've ever heard say that Lbk is a beautiful city. Thanks, I think so too! Most everyone complains about the smell of the feedlots.

From what I heard about one incident, a suv was driving into the sun about that time of day in the evening when no one should be on the road, and turned into a couple riding 2 up. Another was a young man who had a wreck on his crotch rocket back in Sept, and recently passed away this past week. To my understanding the crotch rocket accident didn't involve any other vehicles. I think another accident took place about rush hour traffic in the A.M. when maybe the sun could have been a factor. I heard news of some other deaths but no details. This is just info I have heard on the news and from friends and family back home. I didn't know any of the people killed, but my heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives.

Ride Safe!

Old 10-21-2010, 12:31 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by boneziff
By no means do I mean this to be funny or anything my thoughts and prayers are with the familys involved as well. But I remember hearing about a terroist handbook on a radio talk show that descibed them running down pedestrians in trucks. This happening in Texas were the recent problems are wondering if those bastards are killing us on purpose.

Seems like an inefficient way to create a large body count. Must be terrorists on a budget.

DJK

Old 10-21-2010, 01:55 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by relli
predestination. you aint going til its your time and wont matter what your doin when that comes. IMO
All the same I would not recommend that one takes a nap on a railroad track.....

Old 10-21-2010, 08:03 PM
ofdhr1
Novice
Default Texting/cell phone

CruzN hit the nail on the head.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Here in NY talking/texting is a moving violation. I think since they made it illegal, more people than ever are doing it. I'm constantly checking my mirrors to see if the person behind me is on the phone, so I don't get rear ended. This happened to me 3 yrs ago in a 4 month old vette. Some clown on a cell didn't noticed that I was stopped at a red light and plowed into my ***.
Driving in town was bad enough before cell phones, that's why 90% of the time I get on my bike, I'm heading for some back roads or hwy.
Sorry for the families involved, but this cell phone crap has gone too far.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Lubbock is a VERY easy city to drive/ride in. It HAS to be all of the distractions causing the problems. I've been through, around, and across Lubbock with everything from a truck to a tractor to a motorcycle over the past 35 years, and it just isn't that difficult. Not a Dallas or Houston for sure!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM
OilFieldBuyer
5th Gear

This is why I always carry my .380 automatic with me when I'm riding - if they're gonna take me out while they're texting, I'm be taking them out as I'm sliding into the next dimension!

Quick Reply: 7 fatalties in 30 days